Captain
# 21
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I don't see spawn camping to much in FVK C&H, probably less then half the time unless that fleet mentioned earlier is there. I end up doing sometimes but not by choice, I usually check the scoreboard every now and then to see if there are leechers just sitting on the spawn and go there to kill them, sometimes other players decide to defend the leecher and we end up in a big battle at the spawn area. Some of these leechers actually try to fight back or resist sometimes so I know they don't like dying in pvp so thats why I do it. Don't defend AFKers/leechers sitting at the spawn if you don't want a battle to start there.
Everybody know AFKers are bad for what ever team they come on but it is still no excuse for the game to allow spawn camping at other's base to get easy kills. You can only curb that behavior if they change those turrets to heavy torruets that do allot of damage to nearby enemy.
Empire Veteran
# 22
01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
there isnt a spawn camping problem in game, there is a players suck problem in game. 90% of the time, theres such a skill miss match that the battle just ends up outside a spawn. rarely is it malicious intentional spawn camping. if the matchmaking is so poor that the other team couldn't if their life depended on it put up any sort of fight, then prepare to get spawn camped so this pathetic match can end as quickly as possible
I disagree a little. Spawncamping in Ker'rat is quite intentional by whom ever does it.

Its like game in itself to try and escape.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Empire Veteran
# 23
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
So you are guilty of spawn killing. KDF teams are the most guilty in spawn killing because they have more NPC frigates , fighters, siphon drones, and drops like acceton assimilators that makes it difficult for the the station defenses to target the players. House of Beautiful Orions is one of the most notorious teams that do this as soon as the game starts. People will continue to spawn camp as long as the game allows them to. Its doesn't matter if players on ones side is less skilled than the other. When the match is PUGS vs established teams, most like the established teams are going to win because they can coordinate attacks better. They can communicate using media devices which gives them a great advantage over PUG teams. That is why I am an advicate of separating the PVP servers so established teams can go against established teams and PUGS vs PUGS. Until the devs get this idea they should at least fix the spawning so that players be given a fair chance to recover without dying as soon as they appear. The game is not being taken care of by the devs. Before Season 5 spawn gates were working properly and the C&H starbases had strong base defenses that easily killed you if you came too close. More and more players, new and old are hating PVP rather than PVE because of the spawn camping. Thats why it is hard to queue up for Fed vs KDF because people are afraid that some good KDF established team will be in there spawn camping and making the experience miserable. Spawn camping is making PVP less attracktive for new and old players. Even whole teams are camped on from the begining. When you appear, your buffs are not active making you an easy target.
The why are so many feds spawning camping the zone respawn/KDF spawn point in Ker'ret all the time if its the KDF whom are "more" guilty?
This thread and this post is sounding more like another complaint against Premades versus PuGs and even a little against the KDF.

Is that the true intention of your post? Just to kick up the old PuG versus Premade, KDF versus feds, PvE versus PvP antpile?

Have some players become such wimps that they cant simply identify the actual issues with PvP so they just complain its the Premades, PvP in general or the mean ol'KDF fault?
1945-2014
RIP
Republic Veteran
# 24
01-12-2013, 10:07 PM
It is the mean old KDF, they even have roaches.

I had one Klingon refuse to stop shooting me in Kerrat until my favorite ship exploded. I don't even know how he killed me, I still had shields up on three sides? Now I can't look Kirk in the eyes anymore.
Empire Veteran
# 25
01-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Actually its seriuos question. Have we who PvP reached a point of just complaing more out of frustration using any excuse to validate such angst?

If so PvP is doomed if the community can not do anything other than blindly complain anymore.
1945-2014
RIP
Republic Veteran
# 26
01-12-2013, 10:45 PM
There are certain players who will always look for and use whatever cheap tactics allow them to pwn others. There are also people who love to flood the forums with complaints...I have had some really nice matches lately (in space even) but you have a point...the tournament was even cancelled as well.
Commander
# 27
01-13-2013, 05:26 AM
In Arenas you respawn at the closest gate which creates a bit of a bottle neck if you don't leave spawn or are horribly unorganized. Respawn a should be randomized again. Thanks to auto team you know where everyone is. Ker'rat could use separate spawn points at reset, maybe even multiple random ones. Cap and Hold could use stronger turrets or they could stand to have an improved stealth detection to clear mine spam. TBR is ok for escaping a Tric mind spawn but it seems silly to need that just to leave a respawn.

I disagree that one faction is any worse that the other. Given the opportunity, most will take full advantage. You see this clearly just by looking at the number of cheesy z-store builds out there. KDF does have the rather minor incentive from their turret killer daily but that's kind of bleh. In the end, barring a few issues, most spawn camping is typically the victims fault. Still, it would be more sporting to back off a bit when someone is so totally out matched.
Empire Veteran
# 28
01-13-2013, 05:45 AM
I am a bit amused about the fact coming back to the game after a while and still see the feds cry -_-
Empire Veteran
# 29
01-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
So you are guilty of spawn killing. KDF teams are the most guilty in spawn killing because they have more NPC frigates , fighters, siphon drones, and drops like acceton assimilators that makes it difficult for the the station defenses to target the players. House of Beautiful Orions is one of the most notorious teams that do this as soon as the game starts. People will continue to spawn camp as long as the game allows them to. Its doesn't matter if players on ones side is less skilled than the other. When the match is PUGS vs established teams, most like the established teams are going to win because they can coordinate attacks better. They can communicate using media devices which gives them a great advantage over PUG teams. That is why I am an advicate of separating the PVP servers so established teams can go against established teams and PUGS vs PUGS. Until the devs get this idea they should at least fix the spawning so that players be given a fair chance to recover without dying as soon as they appear. The game is not being taken care of by the devs. Before Season 5 spawn gates were working properly and the C&H starbases had strong base defenses that easily killed you if you came too close. More and more players, new and old are hating PVP rather than PVE because of the spawn camping. Thats why it is hard to queue up for Fed vs KDF because people are afraid that some good KDF established team will be in there spawn camping and making the experience miserable. Spawn camping is making PVP less attracktive for new and old players. Even whole teams are camped on from the begining. When you appear, your buffs are not active making you an easy target.
oh bull**** ive seen just as much fed teams do it its a player problem not a faction one
Career Officer
# 30
01-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Feds seem to have an innate difficulty in accepting a Roman approach to their PvP woes.