Captain
# 171
01-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefhendo View Post
Hey, just did the install and updates yesterday. I can get the game to launch, but that first loading screen is where I get a hang up. Any idea as to how long it takes to load and move past that?
It took at least five minutes for me, but I did get in eventually.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 172
01-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefhendo View Post
Hey, just did the install and updates yesterday. I can get the game to launch, but that first loading screen is where I get a hang up. Any idea as to how long it takes to load and move past that?

I'm on a 15" MacBookPro
OS 10.6.8
2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Would love to start playing this. Held out hoping for a mac version but we all know that won't happen.
You'll need to run very very low graphics settings with that computer, but it should work. After a patch you may have to wait a few minutes to get past the loading screen. It can literally take up to 10 minutes.
Ensign
# 173
01-13-2013, 03:59 AM
Hi all

I am a bit noob here so don't be harsh

I installed this little app on my Macbook Pro 13' (10.8.2) and it worked like a charm until yesterday. Now it won't load any windows at all... launcher or anything... I tried everything i knew but nothing....

Any suggestions??
Career Officer
# 174
01-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muwatali View Post
Hi all

I am a bit noob here so don't be harsh

I installed this little app on my Macbook Pro 13' (10.8.2) and it worked like a charm until yesterday. Now it won't load any windows at all... launcher or anything... I tried everything i knew but nothing....

Any suggestions??
try rebooting...

Try "upgrading" to a newer wrapper (even if its already the newest), in case something got corrupted.

Sometimes game files get corrupted too (nothing to do with this wrapper, happens on Windows too), so you can try a full file check from the Options at log in if you can ever get that far... worst case you may have to re-install the game.
Ensign
# 175
01-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
try rebooting...

Try "upgrading" to a newer wrapper (even if its already the newest), in case something got corrupted.

Sometimes game files get corrupted too (nothing to do with this wrapper, happens on Windows too), so you can try a full file check from the Options at log in if you can ever get that far... worst case you may have to re-install the game.
I tried that (all of it)... still nothing, i'll try reinstaling it again..
Ensign
# 176
01-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Update:

I reinstalled (aka did everything from the start) and still had the same problem.... I look at he log files (the ones after the test runs) and they said something was wrong with x11. I looked up using google and installed/upgraded the XQuartz. Checked the 'Force use....' (last option in Wineskin advanced menu) and the tests and game started!!
Career Officer
# 177
01-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muwatali View Post
Update:

I reinstalled (aka did everything from the start) and still had the same problem.... I look at he log files (the ones after the test runs) and they said something was wrong with x11. I looked up using google and installed/upgraded the XQuartz. Checked the 'Force use....' (last option in Wineskin advanced menu) and the tests and game started!!
thats odd... the built in X11 (WineskinX11) in the wrapper is based off of and very close to normal XQuartz. I haven't had any issues with WineskinX11 and STO... but if its working with normal XQuartz, well I guess thats good.
Ensign
# 178 Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion
01-14-2013, 08:57 AM
((Edited))

Ok so I got everything downloaded and going.

I did the initial Log-in and Pache, and then hit ENGAGE.
It loads up the app, but then brings up another loading page and gets stuck on the loading screen with the Starfleet Chevron logo.

Last edited by blazelupindo; 01-14-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Other Issue Arose
Career Officer
# 179
01-15-2013, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazelupindo View Post
((Edited))

Ok so I got everything downloaded and going.

I did the initial Log-in and Pache, and then hit ENGAGE.
It loads up the app, but then brings up another loading page and gets stuck on the loading screen with the Starfleet Chevron logo.
as it says in the directions and about 50 times in this thread... right after a patch, it may take a full 5 to 10 minutes on that screen before getting into the game. Don't assume its stuck.
Career Officer
# 180
01-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Any reason why an imac would flip out video wise (screen garbled, mixed up)and lock up sporadically and it seems mostly during transition screens between maps. Also just stop and give a grey screen?

3.06 ghz intel core 2duo
8gb 1067 MHz ddr3
Running sox 10.8
Nvdia GeForce gt 130 512 mb
24 in early 2009

I have a feeling the video card maybe going as I have been running the game for years with only occasional game crashes.