Lt. Commander
# 1 What is worth crafting?
01-13-2013, 05:44 AM
I don't know why people are buying my uncommon unreplicateable materials for 200K and are only selling things which require 15 of them to make for 500K, but I'm happy to sell them.
Career Officer
# 2
01-13-2013, 05:47 AM
The only thing I bought unreplicatable items for was the Aegis set. Everything else about crafting is just EC farming for me.

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Still doesn't seem worth it. The Aegis's need 33 Uncommon Unreps to make.

So, you could either accumulate 33K dilithium and buy them from the dilithium store to make, or spend 6.6 mil EC's to buy on the exchange, not worth it if you want to sell them for profit. Making it just for yourself to use? The faction stuff is better.
Rihannsu
# 4
01-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Horta. Because it's character bound.

Anything else, buy it off the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-13-2013, 06:51 AM
I heard the kits might be worth it.

Crafting is usually a good source of in game currency in most MMOG, not this one.
Captain
# 6
01-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedman70 View Post
I heard the kits might be worth it.

Crafting is usually a good source of in game currency in most MMOG, not this one.
Sadly, I agree.

I think Crafting is worth it though for a variety of reasons. Concerning this discussion:

- I don't need to wait for a random drop to give me that item I could use.
- I also wouldn't need to pay the price someone else thinks I should pay for an item.
- Finally, I don't have to search the galaxy for the vendor that sells what I might want or need (or for Exchange hubs).

Only the Very Rare craftable items require unreplicatable material, so if I'm happy with rare items (which I am), then I don't need to 1) farm Dilithium for unreplicatable material, or 2) spend EC on anything.

In other words, crafting is worth it because the player controls when and what items are aquired (within the limits of the item pool).

/steps off soapbox - to answer the OP: everything is worth crafting ... it's a matter of perspective to each player.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Last edited by cmdrscarlet; 01-13-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Answered the OP