Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Captain
# 11
01-13-2013, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I can assure you that i can tear bop hulls' apart when i play with my fed chars. Tractor beam, let him use his APO, SNB and boom.

It's not about gear, it's about how you play, even if some good gear can help a lot.
Can you not see how you're invalidating your whole argument by saying it's really about SNB?
Captain
# 12
01-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
Because of battlecloaking birds of prey that are impossible to hit without [ACC]]x3. Yeah, we get it.
Yep, as soon as the Feds received all the KDF consoles they will start demanding the battlecloak again, making it look like some kind of Uberweapon which is responsible for all KDF victories in PvP. Thanks for proving my point.

If you had any clue of this game, especially when it comes to the battlecloak, you would stop asking for it. Against an experienced player it's a death sentence for a BoP to cloak during a battle. Shields down for 3 seconds are more than enough to tear these low-hull ships apart.
Captain
# 13
01-13-2013, 07:50 AM
When I last played PvP, I won a lot as a KDF against Fed.
I never flew ships with cloak. (bortasqu technically has cloak, but it stinks and I never bothered, also guramba and Varanus, neither of which cloak)

I also won a lot as Fed against Fed. Amusingly enough, I was in a ship with a cloak console, but I rarely used it.

Feds are silly.
Captain
# 14
01-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Can you not see how you're invalidating your whole argument by saying it's really about SNB?
Umm...SNB seems to dovetail nicely with his argument that it's about playstyle, not gear. Unless I'm missing something, in which case could you clarify?
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Career Officer
# 15
01-13-2013, 08:58 AM
since its not about battlecloak surely you won't mind if cryptic removed battlecloak from the game then
i actually question the very existence of battle cloak in the various shows did we ever see a ship Recloak? like ever ... the Bop decloaked attacked and then keep on attacking in ds9 and other shows the only ship that made it a habit to recloak was the Defiant
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"

Last edited by starfleetlufia; 01-13-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 16
01-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
since its not about battlecloak surely you won't mind if cryptic removed battlecloak from the game then
I would mind...And i WILL BURN THIS MOTHA TO THE GROUND IF THEY DID!!

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Empire Veteran
# 17
01-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
If you really have no sci in your team, you may also spam the battlefield with chroniton mines with DPB, or torp him to death with HY plasma torps when he cloaks since a torp doesn't loose its target, or use many other existing strategies against bops. Anyway it's off-topic, but it has nothing to do with bops or gear in this case.
Captain
# 18
01-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's an insignificant pvp issue, since 6 points in power insulator will make the power drain unnoticeable. Sure there's a little gain but it's not what keeps feds loosing against the KDF players.
Personally as far as PvP or the game goes I think Cryptic would make lots of money allowing all consoles except on New T5 ships to be cross-faction.

That would be fair and kill a lot of the arguments about better gear. There are several reasons that the avg KDF player is better than the Avg Fed and gear is the least of the issues:

1. Teamwork
2. Tactics
3. Practice

Many Feds like to Kirk it out - especially in Ker'rat - I go in there in my B'rel but I am not a good dog fighter so I will shadow another KDF Battle crusier or something and be his back-up wingman - or team up. Feds rarely do this and usually when they win it's just by shear waves of overwhelming numbers.

Still if they want to make all consoles cross-faction - go for it - I will get some for my Characters.

Fair is Fair and the KDF were against the MACO+leech - many KDF'ers like Roach(bitemepwe) were saying the KDF should not have it - so it was not something asked for.
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Personally as far as PvP or the game goes I think Cryptic would make lots of money allowing all consoles except on New T5 ships to be cross-faction.

That would be fair and kill a lot of the arguments about better gear. There are several reasons that the avg KDF player is better than the Avg Fed and gear is the least of the issues:

1. Teamwork
2. Tactics
3. Practice

Many Feds like to Kirk it out - especially in Ker'rat - I go in there in my B'rel but I am not a good dog fighter so I will shadow another KDF Battle crusier or something and be his back-up wingman - or team up. Feds rarely do this and usually when they win it's just by shear waves of overwhelming numbers.

Still if they want to make all consoles cross-faction - go for it - I will get some for my Characters.

Fair is Fair and the KDF were against the MACO+leech - many KDF'ers like Roach(bitemepwe) were saying the KDF should not have it - so it was not something asked for.
Okay but i want a refund on the KDF consoles i bought, i'll buy them for 200k energy credits on the exchange (if you get my point).
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
i actually question the very existence of battle cloak in the various shows did we ever see a ship Recloak? like ever ... the Bop decloaked attacked and then keep on attacking in ds9 and other shows the only ship that made it a habit to recloak was the Defiant
Klingon D-7/KTinga hybrid in Voyager, made a habit of decloaking, unloading a torpedo volley and then cloaking while in preparation for another pass.