Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
01-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
You really have no clue how good they are in a properly fitted and flown ship do you?
So... The implication is that I don't know how to "properly" outfit or fly a ship. Thanks for the insult.

Quote:
Even after a nerf they'd be worth every crystal.
Depends how heavily they were nerfed. I got them for my Vo'quv because they were more powerful than B'rolth BOPs. If they are nerfed back to being equal in performance, then it was a waste of 70K dilithium because I already owned the BOPs.
Captain
# 12
01-13-2013, 05:24 AM
OP: just use them. if you want DPS, DPS is what they give. the very rare ones deal higher DPS than the peregrines, thanks to the fact that plasma torps deal more dps naturally than quantums, and the bleedthrough plasma is just a bonus, that acts like a transphasic torp. the change from phaser to plasma weapons also increase their DPS over the peregrines (however the margin is extremely low).

the ultra rare scorpions are the best DPS pets in game at the moment. if anyone reaches tier 5 science, then we will see what the ultra rare peregrines are all about, wheter they can compete with the scorpions or not.
with the heavy plasma torps my scorpions deal around 1000-1500 DPS a game, so on the Vesta, I do not even notice the absence of one front DHC (while my pets clear incoming torps and such).

the only drawback is that the heavy plasma torps will have an AoE plasma effect, so you can catch plasma fire if you are close to the impact (though I never really saw it as a big problem, its not too dmging to me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
01-13-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
You really have no clue how good they are in a properly fitted and flown ship do you? Even after a nerf they'd be worth every crystal. I doubt theyll be nerfed anyway, its a PvE issue and it doesnt really hurt anyone.
nice with the backhanded insult to those of us that know what we are doing...oh and as to it being a PVE issue that does not really hurt anyone think again.... the Elite Scorpions are starting to appear in PVP and you can bet that sometime soon the PVP players will be screaming nerf don't believe me come play PVP in Arenas or Kerrat either will do and you will see Elite Scorpion Fighters being spit out of the hangar bays of anything that can launch fighters/shuttles/BoPs the Elite Scorpion is where its at for now....

but to claim that this is a PVE issue and hurts no one is not the correct answer....

the Correct Answer would be... Unless you are talking about Elite Scorpions you should look into using something else, but when you can get the Elite Scorpions if you want DPS those are the way to go
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Lieutenant
# 14
01-13-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm going to spill the beans: All scorpions are bugged. In a way that makes them more powerful. To be precise, hangars outfitted with Scorpion fighters launch twice as many fightercraft as normal.

24 Scorpions > everything else.

So as of now, Scorpions beat every alternative. The question is: Where do they stand without that bug?

Elites will still be great, as their HY torps hit for around 8k damage, before you even factor in the Plasma burn. And every fresh fighter fires one.
Advanceds will be okay, as the dilithium cost is normal for advanced hangar items.
Blues will suck, because they offer no advantage over the blue peregrines which are pretty much free

So unless you want to bet on Cryptics lack of speed regarding bug fixes, only the elite scorpions are worth the price tag. But if you're willing every Scorpion will work for a time.
Captain
# 15
01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbeelzebot View Post
I'm going to spill the beans: All scorpions are bugged. In a way that makes them more powerful. To be precise, hangars outfitted with Scorpion fighters launch twice as many fightercraft as normal.
That is not correct. I've been using Scorpions for a few weeks, and I've never been able to get more than 6 (3*2 as intended) of them at once out of my Vesta's single hangar. And yes, I have seen them despawn when I try to launch another group.
Captain
# 16
01-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
That is not correct. I've been using Scorpions for a few weeks, and I've never been able to get more than 6 (3*2 as intended) of them at once out of my Vesta's single hangar. And yes, I have seen them despawn when I try to launch another group.
As far as I know your observation is correct for single-hangar Carriers. I have no confirmation of this being doable on any carrier other than the Tholian Recluse which can in fact put 24 fighters up instead of the 24 it ought to.
Captain
# 17
01-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrimcorsair View Post
As far as I know your observation is correct for single-hangar Carriers. I have no confirmation of this being doable on any carrier other than the Tholian Recluse which can in fact put 24 fighters up instead of the 24 it ought to.
yeah, I have been testing with the vesta, and havent seen such bug (the DPS they are dealing did not justify it either)

so without such a bug, they can be recommended
Lieutenant
# 18
01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Mkay, I've run a quick test and you're right, that the Scorpions aren't bugged on their own. They work normal on the Atrox. So do other fighters on the Recluse.

So it's a specific problem of the Recluse+Scorpions combination.
Survivor of Remus
# 19
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbeelzebot View Post
Mkay, I've run a quick test and you're right, that the Scorpions aren't bugged on their own. They work normal on the Atrox. So do other fighters on the Recluse.

So it's a specific problem of the Recluse+Scorpions combination.
I guess it had to come out sooner or later. Yes, the Recluse spawns twice as many scorpions (of any type). Key it with the Romulan hyper torpedo and you've got *major* DPS and tanking abilities.
Captain
# 20
01-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
So... The implication is that I don't know how to "properly" outfit or fly a ship. Thanks for the insult.

Depends how heavily they were nerfed. I got them for my Vo'quv because they were more powerful than B'rolth BOPs. If they are nerfed back to being equal in performance, then it was a waste of 70K dilithium because I already owned the BOPs.
Either you don't know how to properly utilize them or your more concerned with being nerfed and "wasting 70k dilithium" than having a well balanced game. Personally I think the latter is worse and says something of a person's character. Feel free to choose.