Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,553
# 21
01-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I play Fed but KDF is now my primary characters due to our fleet becoming small and I do not believe we should have the same consoles or sheilds etc Having the same equipment makes a mockey on the two factions and will make less people play KDF or Vice Versa. I personally like playing a different class of captain when I play my sci fed rather than my klingon. But I would not like to have the same sheilds or consoles that my KDF character has because it would make it a copy of the other and therefore no real point in playing as a FED.

And before you say I am not a KDF PVPer who uses the leech I never had it and do not need it for my build as I can hold my own in my BOP or my Breen warship

Qapla
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,553
# 22
01-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
since its not about battlecloak surely you won't mind if cryptic removed battlecloak from the game then
i actually question the very existence of battle cloak in the various shows did we ever see a ship Recloak? like ever ... the Bop decloaked attacked and then keep on attacking in ds9 and other shows the only ship that made it a habit to recloak was the Defiant
I would mind as the BOPs are useless without the cloak as they get trounced with such a weak hull and shields
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,636
# 23
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
It is the attitude of a lot of KDF players as shown in this thread that is the reason i don't PvP any more. "Feds suck", "Feds are all noobs" and far far worse i can't put here is often heard in Kerrat and the vast majority of my ignore list is made up of KDF players.

It is a shame because I would have liked to explore the KDF side more, I have a LG, he flies a B'rel and is pretty successful, but I find the whole approach and bullying type tactics of some, not all, KDF players to be distasteful and so I hardly ever play KDF and never visit our fleet KDF base or help in it's construction even though i started both fleets.

KDF players seem to be of a certain mindset, they stick together in cliques like bully boys on a street corner, gang up on the first unsuspecting fed that ventures into Kerrat and then sit around boasting about how ace they are.

There are some KDF players who are brilliant, will help you with builds, tactics and are generally nice people, there are many that are not. I think this is a large reason people simple don't play the KDF faction and don't bother to PvP much.

it doesn't matter if you agree with me or think I am wrong, this is my own very personal opinion which I thought I would share.

As for the consoles it makes sense to me that any and all consoles should be available to both sides. In a time of war you can be sure that the leech would have been captured and reverse engineered by the Federation if it offered an advantage.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 514
# 24
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Or it could be a valid observation.

I often play a Fed, and my worst, most deadly enemy are other Fed players.

In a KDF group, in PvP, I can usually count on some coordination from the other players. Not always, but good odds.
In a Fed group, in PvP, most of the time the Feds go all looping all over the place derping into gates and getting stuck in geometry as their rainbow skittleboats spew ineffectually all over.

Not always, and it's refreshing when there's a good Fed group, but... yeah.


It's not that there's something about Fed being inherently worse, though, and that's a problem with Fed complaints -- it's not the ships, it's not the consoles.
But since newcomers start as Feds, Fed has the most appeal and population, and Fed is the most iconic identity of Star Trek, Fed groups will tend to be 'the unwashed masses.' It's the flip side of popularity.

Accompanying that, in pvp there's no matching, so there's no way for better players to meet better players.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,359
# 25
01-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
since its not about battlecloak surely you won't mind if cryptic removed battlecloak from the game then
i actually question the very existence of battle cloak in the various shows did we ever see a ship Recloak? like ever ... the Bop decloaked attacked and then keep on attacking in ds9 and other shows the only ship that made it a habit to recloak was the Defiant
It seems to me that you have not watched enough Trek because the Battle Cloak was used extensively in DS9 by the Klingons and the Romulans in TNG.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 26
01-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's an insignificant pvp issue, since 6 points in power insulator will make the power drain unnoticeable.
You seem to have forgotten about the massive across the board power boost the user gets.

Even with minimal investment of 6 ranks in flow caps you're looking at +14 power to all subsystems for an extra overall +56 power advantage from Plasmonic Leech.

Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 777
# 27
01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
It is the attitude of a lot of KDF players as shown in this thread that is the reason i don't PvP any more. "Feds suck", "Feds are all noobs" and far far worse i can't put here is often heard in Kerrat and the vast majority of my ignore list is made up of KDF players.
You would get angry too if every victory you achieve in PvP would get you reactions like 'you only won because you have overpowered consoles/ships/battlecloak/BLA', leading to Feds on the forums demanding our 'superior' gear only to find out that they still lose the majority of PvP fights, which then leads to even MORE demands of content transfer from the KDF to the Federation. These people just don't get it that consoles or battlecloaks won't fix their weird builds, but instead of checking the PvP forums for help they cry for KDF stuff.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,359
# 28
01-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
Personally as far as PvP or the game goes I think Cryptic would make lots of money allowing all consoles except on New T5 ships to be cross-faction.

That would be fair and kill a lot of the arguments about better gear. There are several reasons that the avg KDF player is better than the Avg Fed and gear is the least of the issues:

1. Teamwork
2. Tactics
3. Practice

Many Feds like to Kirk it out - especially in Ker'rat - I go in there in my B'rel but I am not a good dog fighter so I will shadow another KDF Battle crusier or something and be his back-up wingman - or team up. Feds rarely do this and usually when they win it's just by shear waves of overwhelming numbers.

Still if they want to make all consoles cross-faction - go for it - I will get some for my Characters.

Fair is Fair and the KDF were against the MACO+leech - many KDF'ers like Roach(bitemepwe) were saying the KDF should not have it - so it was not something asked for.
Agreed,

I'm not saying this just to bash but when it comes to teamwork nothing short of a Fed Premade can keep up with the average KDF experienced pug groups.

One of the main reasons that I chose to Main KDF was the fact that teaming over there just seemed to come so natural and 98.4 % of KFD players will have your back in PVP or PVE.

To get back on topic:

Give the Federation the Leach Console, we now have the Maco Shield so fair is fair in that respect.

I'm shocked that the Feds are not screaming for the Aceton Assimilator Console, the console is just Beastly
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,032
# 29
01-13-2013, 11:50 AM
So... this is a PvP thread?
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Registered: Oct/2009 , LTS : Feb/2011
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 30
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I'm shocked that the Feds are not screaming for the Aceton Assimilator Console, the console is just Beastly
No it's not... Just don't tell anyone how good it is.

With this console, no more tric mine annoyance!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 AM.