Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 11
01-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
useless should be hauled away as garbage along with the ToS Connie and the NX never existed 01

I am not sure why you are playing this game, but a lot of us are because we love classic Star Trek, which includes the the NX, TOS, and Yesterday's Enterprise.
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 76
# 12
01-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I am not sure why you are playing this game, but a lot of us are because we love classic Star Trek, which includes the the NX, TOS, and Yesterday's Enterprise.

You say you love Star Trek yet people are refusing to allow it to grow they are stuck in their past Nastolgia being the ruining factor of the time line some of the ships they are requesting is over 200 years old they are way past their service time and don't give me that BS about refitting the Enterprise got decommissioned for being 20 years old they didn't refit her because with the brand new Excelsior there was little point

heck they only rebuilt it it to pamper kirk and even then it was no match for the excelsior in terms of technology heck it was not for Scotty maybe the Transwarp drive had actually worked by TNG there was no connies left they was obsolete something the fan base can't seem to accept heck even the Miranda and Excelsiors was nothing more then glorified workhorses they was not the backbone of the fleet mere expendable ships

People used the argument but admirals used the excelsior so it must be good still .... did it ever occure to you people that the reason admirals used the excelsior class was that all the actual tech ship was to busy to waste ferrying flag officers around other then the Lakota not a single Excelsior had gotten a full upgrade and I suspect that it was not Starfleet's policy to introduce such a radical upgrade to such a old ship Vice Admiral Layton most likely authorized the upgrade and never bothered to consult anyone about it the Defiant Crew seemed surprised about the upgrades
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 623
# 13
01-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
You say you love Star Trek yet people are refusing to allow it to grow they are stuck in their past Nastolgia being the ruining factor of the time line some of the ships they are requesting is over 200 years old they are way past their service time and don't give me that BS about refitting the Enterprise got decommissioned for being 20 years old they didn't refit her because with the brand new Excelsior there was little point

heck they only rebuilt it it to pamper kirk and even then it was no match for the excelsior in terms of technology heck it was not for Scotty maybe the Transwarp drive had actually worked by TNG there was no connies left they was obsolete something the fan base can't seem to accept heck even the Miranda and Excelsiors was nothing more then glorified workhorses they was not the backbone of the fleet mere expendable ships

People used the argument but admirals used the excelsior so it must be good still .... did it ever occure to you people that the reason admirals used the excelsior class was that all the actual tech ship was to busy to waste ferrying flag officers around other then the Lakota not a single Excelsior had gotten a full upgrade and I suspect that it was not Starfleet's policy to introduce such a radical upgrade to such a old ship Vice Admiral Layton most likely authorized the upgrade and never bothered to consult anyone about it the Defiant Crew seemed surprised about the upgrades
Dude, we have punctuation marks for a reason.

That aside, the people here like their classic ships. My feelings on that are irrelevant; I will not begrudge a guy his free time. If he wants to putt around in a classic ship, so be it. The Oddessy and Vesta has shown that Cryptic will add 25th Century ships (for some money of course ) and cater to the "modern" ship fans, while at the same time catering to the classic ship people.

Me? I really want those weapon belts that the alternate Enterpirse-D crew wore on Yesterday's Enterprise (the officer and enlisted versions).
Most JJ Trek hate = IDIC fail.
Quote:
Most who don't like the new Star Trek either didn't like TOS, don't remember TOS, or didn't see TOS
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,635
# 14
01-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I do wish they would make set ships Tier III or V retrofits. Say what you will but if teeny tiny Defiant can pack a punch why not a retrofitted classic?! I know I wish the Enterprise A was still usable, I prefer it to some of the many newer models including the Galaxy Class starship.
QFT, but I derail
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 15
01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
I'm just looking forward to the third party popper.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 16
01-13-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
You say you love Star Trek yet people are refusing to allow it to grow they are stuck in their past Nastolgia being the ruining factor of the time line some of the ships they are requesting is over 200 years old they are way past their service time and don't give me that BS about refitting the Enterprise got decommissioned for being 20 years old they didn't refit her because with the brand new Excelsior there was little point

heck they only rebuilt it it to pamper kirk and even then it was no match for the excelsior in terms of technology heck it was not for Scotty maybe the Transwarp drive had actually worked by TNG there was no connies left they was obsolete something the fan base can't seem to accept heck even the Miranda and Excelsiors was nothing more then glorified workhorses they was not the backbone of the fleet mere expendable ships

People used the argument but admirals used the excelsior so it must be good still .... did it ever occure to you people that the reason admirals used the excelsior class was that all the actual tech ship was to busy to waste ferrying flag officers around other then the Lakota not a single Excelsior had gotten a full upgrade and I suspect that it was not Starfleet's policy to introduce such a radical upgrade to such a old ship Vice Admiral Layton most likely authorized the upgrade and never bothered to consult anyone about it the Defiant Crew seemed surprised about the upgrades
You have this whole wall of text claiming that allowing Star Trek fans to fly their favorite ships from the Star Trek franchise is somehow bad for the game, but you have not provided a single concrete example of how this game would be better if someone's favorite ship was not included.

So please tell us, what is your favorite ship from the shows and how would this game be significantly better if that ship were unavailable within the game.

The fact is, if you want to fly a non-canon design, almost every canon ship comes with two or three non-canon variants. But, judging from the ships I see flying around the STO galaxy, there are a lot of trekkies out there that want to fly their favorite ships from the show.

The whole point of the game is to allow trekkies to realize their fantasies in a computer simulation, not to be a new Star Trek television show.
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 76
# 17
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
what you describe is paradox did the Galaxy exist during ToS? no it didn't but yet people accepted it why? because it was featured in a series how is that different then a game we never saw any original series ship again in Tng yet no one complained why is that surely the introduction of ships like the nebula and the galaxy and the akira and the sovereign would by considered none iconic ships they was just ships someone came up with for that show just as cryptic has their own designs for this area are they any less valid then the Galaxy in TNG? simply because its a game?

as for favorite ships I don't have any you see unlike you I'm not stuck in the past I use the ship that gets the job done and fits the setting be it a Cryptic Design of my 29th cent wells yes the wells is indeed a canon ship from Voyager however unlike your prehistoric scrap yard museums it has not been invented yet
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"

Last edited by starfleetlufia; 01-13-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 18
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetlufia View Post
what you describe is paradox did the Galaxy exist during ToS? no it didn't but yet people accepted it why? because it was featured in a series how is that different then a game we never saw any original series ship again in Tng yet no one complained why is that surely the introduction of ships like the nebula and the galaxy and the akira and the sovereign would by considered none iconic ships they was just ships someone came up with for that show just as cryptic has their own designs for this area are they any less valid then the Galaxy in TNG? simply because its a game?

as for favorite ships I don't have any you see unlike you I'm not stuck in the past I use the ship that gets the job done and fits the setting be it a Cryptic Design of my 29th cent wells yes the wells is indeed a canon ship from Voyager however unlike your prehistoric scrap yard museums it has not been invented yet
So, you do not think that Trekkies should be able to fly their favorite ships from the show in this game yet you cannot provide a single, concrete example about how it would improve the game. You are a Star Trek fan but you do not have a favorite ship from the shows. Do I have that right?
Career Officer
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 76
# 19
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
star trek was never about the ships, the explosions or the flashy cgi it was about exploring the human condition as stated by Gene Roddenberry himself I don't need to have a favorite ship to be a fan of star trek
Vice Admiral Lufia Rushu
Commander, R.R.W. Ravenclaw
"I would use my Legacy of Romulus title but everyone and their father use that"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 197
# 20
01-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Imho, cryptic needs to put all the viable for 2409 canon ships in game before even thinking of "the present". im not a hardcore trekker, but many are and cryptic needs to cater to those people first, before gallevanting on their own designs.

Im not saying that the shouldnt try and make their own designs, im just saying that they are leaving money on the table if they do it now.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM.