Captain
# 31
01-13-2013, 07:26 AM
The problem with KDF isn't content. Seriously, the KDF missions are ten times more fun and role-accurate than the dumb federation ones.

What KDF lacks is the ability to BE klingon. Right now the whole faction is just a 'lite' version of the Federation.

They need to add the ability for KDF players to truly maraud and conquest/expand (of sorts) vs NPCs. The exploration zones need to be conquest based not 'explore, give free stuff, etc' crapola.

KDF ships need to retain their uniqueness. The giving away of our modules in lockboxes has been a death knell to the faction. The fed. ships have gained all but the B'rel enhanced cloak ability ... its just dumb.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lieutenant
# 32
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
My main problem with beleive Dan this time around is how the definition of content changes in meaning to suit their needs. I don't consider reputation, fleet, and other forms of grind content.---Story based content is what the KDF needs! Anything less than that is just disappointment in my eyes.
That's what's up. I don't doubt that the dev team has increased in size / effectiveness that they CAN do a lot to improve the KDF. For me it's a matter of "Will they" and "How"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
The problem with KDF isn't content. Seriously, the KDF missions are ten times more fun and role-accurate than the dumb federation ones.
What KDF lacks is the ability to BE klingon. Right now the whole faction is just a 'lite' version of the Federation.
THIS TOO
The nature of the game-being more combat-driven, not having the exploration system to really "feel Trek" (Fed Trek) makes the game really lend itself more to a KDF 'feel' (less exploration-driven, more combat-centered)
But, the dev team hasn't really capitalized on that, IMO (by fleshing out the KDF)

What KDF players have wanted, since the go, has been:
-KDF exclusive Episodes
-Storyline content that explains why Orions, Ferasans, Letheans, etc. are w/the Empire
-Aesthetics that fit the KDF (First City hit the nail on the head in that department, as did the species-specific ships)

Reasonably, rep / fleet grind stuff will come too, as it should, but if that's the whole focus of KDF development KDF'ers won't 'feel the love' and won't play it as often-or, gripe about it when we have to.

Then we're stuck back at square one- "KDF won't play what we DO develop for them, so why develop anything?" And that's my main concern. But the dev team has heard this stuff long enough to know what we want.
Lieutenant
# 33
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Also, how cool would KDF rep systems be if they started off at level one, and were for every species in the Empire?

Orion, Lethean, Gorn, Ferasan, Nausicaan, and Joined Trill rep each with their own social zones, missions, (storyline & otherwise) rewards (costumes, ships, social items, pets, etc.)
Empire Veteran
# 34
01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
See my last post.
I did and like other posters you where fast to critisize as a response. Such distrust is fine given past experiences but the attacks against the Devs is not helping us.

Better to let the feds be the whiny faction from now on while we KDF become the more stoic faction. Its not like the Devs are clueless to how we feel.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 35
01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
I don't consider reputation, fleet, and other forms of grind content.
So basically you paid to be a career officer in a genre of game you can't stand? Well done.

I mean it's a MMO. What exactly were you expecting.

I'm also baffled in general by how many people seem to really want more story missions. There are 50 missions on the foundry probably better than the majority of story missions in this game. Do people just enjoy really bad voice acting that much?

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-13-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Commander
# 36
01-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
So basically you paid to be a career officer in a genre of game you can't stand? Well done.

I'm also baffled in general by how many people seem to really want more story missions. There are 50 missions on the foundry probably better than the majority of story missions in this game. Do people just enjoy really bad voice acting that much?
Cryptic set a precedent in this game early on, by releasing content in the form of story missions at a very high rate. When the game transitioned from pay to play to free to play the story content release has ground to a halt. People want what we had back in the day where we got a new featured series on a regular basis. With weekly episode releases that felt like the Star Trek we remember watching on TV.

The argument that this is an MMO and the players should expect to not get new story missions on a regular basis doesn't go over well, considering a large portion of the community of people that play this game are Star Trek fans not MMO gamers. Those people came to play this game because it is almost the only form of Trek available at the moment.

As for foundry missions being better than story missions, That may be true but it doesn't do anything to help the problem of giving the Klingon Faction a full level 1 through 50 experience equal to the Federation.
Empire Veteran
# 37
01-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:

Many would just lile Cryptic to serve some content with the grind.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 38
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Many would just lile Cryptic to serve some content with the grind.
YES, a spoon full of sugar and all that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
from the Nov Ask Cryptic:

Q: (ebrithil1) What was it Roach that they KDF are getting - those 3 things?

I expected him to actually say Beads, Whiskey and Polio Infected Blankets.... oh wait that's me these days
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 40
01-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:

I have said this before, but as people keep using the foundry excuse, I am going to repeat myself.

When you sign up for a game, whether pay to play, or F2P, there is an expectation. The Develops give you content, you play, and (in F2P too) if you like what you get, you support the game with money.

The Foundry, while great, and I have no doubt there are some awesome missions there, Is little more then an escape goat, players and cryptic can use to excuse their own lack of providing what is there responsibility as a game company to produce content.

Now I understand development take time. And I understand resources in a company as small as cryptic are limited. So priorities are sometimes shuffled to benefit the largest playerbase. I am ok with that, I except that as part of the industry. What I am not willing to except is the lame excuse that there are UGC mission so Cryptic need not bother creating content that was essentially promised when the game was started or when I signed up for it.