Rihannsu
# 41
01-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It's at the bottom, in the "Background Section":

"The Gorn were originally to have been featured as the villains in the 2001 Enterprise episode "The Andorian Incident". One reason why their role in the story was replaced with the Andorians was that the Gorn, unlike the Andorians, were unable to talk."
Wrong definition. He meant that IF the Gorn had been the bad guys, the NX would have been unable to contact them or learn their identities. In contrast to the Andorians where we get to see them rant to the NX about being angry, the Gorn would have been unable to talk to the NX crew without creating a continuity error. Kirk's run in was a First Contact scenario, thus they couldn't have Archer actually meet the Gorn.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 42
01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Except the Gorn are in Starfleet. You can get Gorn bridge officers and duty officers. And Starfleet isn't racist enough to say those Gorn can never be captain of a ship.
Where was stated that the KDF wouldnt allow the Gorn to be a captain of a ship?

Your bias against Klingon society is showing through in your statement on racism.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 43
01-13-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Wrong definition. He meant that IF the Gorn had been the bad guys, the NX would have been unable to contact them or learn their identities. In contrast to the Andorians where we get to see them rant to the NX about being angry, the Gorn would have been unable to talk to the NX crew without creating a continuity error. Kirk's run in was a First Contact scenario, thus they couldn't have Archer actually meet the Gorn.
I just wish they'd have had this amount of basic intelligence when they approached the topic of the Ferengi.
Career Officer
# 44
01-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hardly an honest reason to not just play KDF Gorn.
I would say the real dishonesty is to be found in Cryptic. They put a lot of extra shinies KDF-side to try to get people to play an unpopular faction that most do not want to be a part of at all. Its a poorly executed attempt to get people to play KDF characters but its still not working. They have however succeeded in making the KDF the farming alt faction.

I can't imagine real KDF players to be happy about that at all tbh.
Captain
# 45
01-13-2013, 11:54 AM
For the record, I am against ANY hard species restrictions in the game. Some races should be C-Store items to help keep their numbers down but yes, allow each faction all of them.
Empire Veteran
# 46
01-13-2013, 11:58 AM
Haha. So even though evidence exists in the games back story and supporting book, Needs of the Many, on why the Gorn are not in SF the defensed used to debunk it is the Ol' KDF angst excuse?

Thats the pathetic old fed reasoning always used when a fed wants something from the KDF. Why not offer real evidence to support your case instead of " because the KDF says No" excuse.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 47
01-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Haha. So even though evidence exists in the games back story and supporting book, Needs of the Many, on why the Gorn are not in SF the defensed used to debunk it is the Ol' KDF angst excuse?

Thats the pathetic old fed reasoning always used when a fed wants something from the KDF. Why not offer real evidence to support your case instead of " because the KDF says No" excuse.
I would like to respond to your post: Can i see it in English? Honesty, I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Empire Veteran
# 48
01-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I would like to respond to your post: Can i see it in English? Honesty, I have no idea what you are trying to say.
Do you suffer from subjective comprehension? The post is very clear in its point.
Rihannsu
# 49
01-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Do you suffer from subjective comprehension? The post is very clear in its point.
I understood it fine.

The game has a reason for the Gorn being primarily in the KDF. The doff argument is weak because feds can get most if not all KDF races as doffs.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
01-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I play mostly Federation side, but I would think it a shame if they brought Gorn to the Federation. I think they belong with the KDF.

I would agree with a plan to make Saurians look more lizard-like. They could use some bigger eyes and some face and neck ridges.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Saur...le=Saurian.jpg