Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM
let me just dump the numbers that i estemated to get everything at adapted MK XII for the OMGA faction only

dilitium: 613500 (will take a gold member 77 days to refine)
borg neral procesors: 255 (lucky me i run elite space STF by default; imagine finding this out at tier V)
Expertise: 1728000 (equivalent to leveling a character from scratch to max level 4,7 times!!! WTF!!!)
omega marks: 20700 (equal to running 345 STFs without getting the bonus objective)

notes:
i had to estimate the cost for the adapted ground sets and the omega space set because i still need to unlock those.
i don't even know if its possible to get an adapted assimilated space set MK XII. If so all number go up!!!
I don't know the cost for the costume unlocks for the ground sets. so i did not calculate them in this total since i have no way of knowing what the price will be.

my conclusion:
I SHOULD HAVE CALLED MY CHARACTER LUKE SKYWALKER BECAUSE AT LEAST HE WAS A FARMBOY!!!!

Last edited by mistressbenihime; 01-13-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Commander
# 22
01-13-2013, 08:13 PM
The problem with any expertise requirement is that it has to accommodate both new characters and ones who are sitting on literal millions of it.

While it may feel nice for the latter to finally have something to do with their otherwise useless piles, I submit that the amount actually taken out is not going to make a real dent, and thus only serves to inconvenience or block those who don't already have a hoard.

For this reason, I personally advocate removing a requirement that is either crippling or insignificant, and let expertise go back to being utterly irrelevant.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
The problem with any expertise requirement is that it has to accommodate both new characters and ones who are sitting on literal millions of it.

While it may feel nice for the latter to finally have something to do with their otherwise useless piles, I submit that the amount actually taken out is not going to make a real dent, and thus only serves to inconvenience or block those who don't already have a hoard.

For this reason, I personally advocate removing a requirement that is either crippling or insignificant, and let expertise go back to being utterly irrelevant.
whit how much thing cost dilitium these days id say: remove expertise as a requirement from the reputation system and allow us to trade our surplus for dilitium ore. we cant refine more than 8000 ore a day so it won't impact the economy much...
THE NEW CRAFTING SYSTEM IS TERRA-BAD
First of all it's not even a crafting system! It's just a dumb game system that's nothing more than a glorified slots machine.
second the "special items" you hope will be the saving the saving grace are messed up to.
Republic Veteran
# 24
01-13-2013, 09:02 PM
If you have a life or not living in your parents basement then you'll have a problem with the expertise costs. Those playing on 1 or 2 characters since early access are exempt of course.
Ensign
# 25
01-14-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressbenihime View Post
let me just dump the numbers that i estemated to get everything at adapted MK XII for the OMGA faction only

dilitium: 613500 (will take a gold member 77 days to refine)
borg neral procesors: 255 (lucky me i run elite space STF by default; imagine finding this out at tier V)
Expertise: 1728000 (equivalent to leveling a character from scratch to max level 4,7 times!!! WTF!!!)
omega marks: 20700 (equal to running 345 STFs without getting the bonus objective)

notes:
i had to estimate the cost for the adapted ground sets and the omega space set because i still need to unlock those.
i don't even know if its possible to get an adapted assimilated space set MK XII. If so all number go up!!!
I don't know the cost for the costume unlocks for the ground sets. so i did not calculate them in this total since i have no way of knowing what the price will be.

my conclusion:
I SHOULD HAVE CALLED MY CHARACTER LUKE SKYWALKER BECAUSE AT LEAST HE WAS A FARMBOY!!!!
Geez... With numbers like those you just deflated my Grind balloon. I have just over 1mil Ore but well under half refined and I only have 10k Omega marks. BNP and Expertise I've surpassed your estimate but the first two will take me another month to reach... Who said grinding was not a full time job.
Career Officer
# 26
12-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
LOL. I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. Could I recommend you do Borg Incursions? That's 15 minutes of your time and about 5-8k expertise (depending on your damage level etc). Also you can do the Investigate officer dailies for expertise. Oh and don't forget system patrols (10 minutes TOPS) and all your other dailies. Also you can re-do missions, you can do enemy encounters... oh and did I mention the foundry? Most of those missions give expertise at the end.

Now if you are just doing STFs for expertise, yeah, good luck. But doing all the story missions alone (something I bet you didn't do) gives you an excess of almost 2 million expertise. If you did the mirror event to hit 50 quick, guess what, you can use it to gain lots of expertise as well. Oh, and did I mention DOff missions? No? Well those give good expertise too (at least the longer timed higher level ones, especially if you crit).

There are so many ways to get expertise that your post is actually a joke more than anything. Sorry man.
I have to disagree. None of these is giving the amount of expertise you seem to think it does. It really would take several weeks to obtain the amount if expertise required to unlock all the mk 12 equipment from the rep system It really does feel like a chore at this point, and none of the new dyson missions is helping. each one only offers 99 expertise and skill points, which is a joke. i've already done and re-did the story missions, and it's tiresome.
Captain
# 27
12-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Nice necro
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.
Commander
# 28
12-04-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't understand. Expertise is exactly what it says it is - you get it by PLAYING THE GAME - ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU DO GIVES YOU EXPERTISE.

Even people that haven't been playing forever build up mountainloads at a time.
More anything?
"MORE EVERYTHING!"
-Jerry Seinfeld on Star Trek Online Content

Foundry Works: Uncharted
Captain
# 29
12-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Yo pulse, just do a mirror invasion run. repeat it every five or so minutes for the full hour

Trust me, youll have your expertise (its about 13-14k per run, and a good group will be able to do it 10-15 times in the hour)
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 30
12-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
Nice necro
LOL i didnt even realize.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===