Career Officer
# 31
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Until pug vs. pre made stops being such a massive miserable experience and pvp becomes popular enough to have decent gamescore matching, I consider STO pvp dead and buried.

There are no good rewards, the system is riddled with massive, deep problems that STO has taken precisely 0 changes to improve.

Which is a shame, because when I was last active, pvp was occasionally really really fun. The occasions just unfortunately became increasingly ... occasional.
I'm in OPvP right now. I'm sure that if you asked, it would not be such a hard thing to find 4 other people to team up with.

I don't see the lack of segregated queues in a game with such a small population as a bad thing. Now, if we had a large community of PvPers then you could start looking into it. But if we implemented that change now, you'd just have pugmades or anyone who teams up shafted in favor of those who are unwilling to take 1 minute of their time to ask for a team invite.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 32
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcommando101 View Post
Sad Pandas havent been a factor in PvP since they left for GW2, but the ones that have stayed, dont ruin it for us
I think you have your fleets mixed up
Career Officer
# 33
01-13-2013, 06:14 PM
lol at the Spanish Pandas. They were more right than I thought.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 34
01-13-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think you're going to GET a larger group of pvpers unless the structure of pvp changes significantly, and I think the bulk of that is pug vs. premade convincing the vast majority of players that pvp is broken or just not fun.

Thankfully, there's more endgame stuff to do, so it's not 'PvP or grind same STFs endlessly.'
Commander
# 35
01-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Low level PvP is still fun if it pops, as queues are pretty much dead. And I think it is because the lack of P2W stuff and general concentration on your own skill, not on keybinding. The one ship from each class you can get from C-Store is not ruining the game experience.

I wonder how it will looks like when I reach VA. From what I read here, most likely I will end with "meh, frack it" and roll another toon for low level experience. And it's not about premades, was never bothered by them even in times when finding one was a bit easier cause there were still some Pandas or X-Tremes or whoever else around.

But when one reads: shields with [ResA][ResB], something fleet here, something fleet there, buy this, take that and then looks at his F2P account with EC limit, Z-Points that are 4 times as expensive as they are for the euro-zone or US guys (exchange rates, my dears) and friggin amount of P2W stuff around...

I will most likely stay on low level or take another break from STO for few months, as I have serious doubts about PvP being enjoyable for F2P player.
Captain
# 36
01-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Wow all these "premades" you pugs run I to... Yet tsi always has trouble running into then/try warp out when then see us. (Does not apply to all other premades)

I think pugs need a major mind shift on what a premade is compared to a pugmade or just a group of friends from the same fleet playing together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Commander
# 37
01-14-2013, 01:23 AM
You know, it's not as if there is an advert above those guys telling us if they are pugmade or premade. Most people from same fleet = premade.
Commander
# 38
01-14-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I think you have your fleets mixed up
Actually he did not mix it up.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!