Rihannsu
# 81
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099 View Post
As I recall, they weren't building a fleet: they needed the Enterprise computer as a backup for theirs which had been damaged by a nearby supernova event.
IIRC, the reason the Bynars were desperate was that they didn't have enough warning to properly prepare.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 82
01-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onenonlydrock View Post
That's a good point.

I'd like to add that Worf, being essentially an expatriate, had some rather romantic views about his own people. I always thought he adopted the 'romantic' version of what Klingons are supposed to be. For one, it seems to fit a more noble image. For another, it fits better with the values he'd been raised with in the Federation.

Might also have to factor in that he was also the Klingon equivalent of a nobleman and with it comes a certain set of behaviors.

Therefore I submit this. I think Worf tried to follow an ideal Klingon image and kinda made a few wrong conclusions. It shows when he actually has to hang out with his people. He knows all the rituals and how to act in specific social situations. However, he falls flat on his face when he has to try and relax with his fellow Klingons in a more casual setting. When he acts like the ideal Klingon, to other Klingons it looks like he has a painstick up his... well, you know.

It's like reading stories about Knights and Chivalry, then looking into the history to find out that Knights weren't really all that Chivalrous.
That all makes sense until you take into account Kahless. He was exactly like Worf. Perhaps, the priests intended it that way. Perhaps, the romantic version of the Klingon is exactly how Klingons were several thousand years ago. It's hard to guess.
Rihannsu
# 83
01-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
That all makes sense until you take into account Kahless. He was exactly like Worf. Perhaps, the priests intended it that way. Perhaps, the romantic version of the Klingon is exactly how Klingons were several thousand years ago. It's hard to guess.
Another thing to consider is technology. Klingons do still continue research and development, but it seems as though their tech growth had slowed greatly ibetween Ent and TNG...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 84
01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Any species that originated in the Delta Quadrant. Voyager never ran across an alien species that I cared for.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85 Skrreea
01-14-2013, 01:54 AM
Definitely the Skrreea.

Dirty, stupid, primitive and they think they can just go to settle on a planet which belongs to another race. Hello?? There are enough planets in the galaxy. Search another one! Far away please.

Last edited by helvetiamatt81; 01-14-2013 at 01:56 AM. Reason: wrong URL
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-14-2013, 02:38 AM
The Ekosians: They are freaking nazi-aliens, how messed up is that???

(Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
Captain
# 87
01-14-2013, 05:13 AM
The Aliens I hated
The Giant space Ameoba
The Gaseous cloud that Kirk has a obsession over
Redjac (Not sure if he is part of a race or individual)
The kids from the episode Miri
Tribbles (Must be the klingon in me lol)
Bajorans (Okay so your religious by the prophets get over yourself)
Betazeds
Borg (After so many stories with them getting the ass whooped on Voyager this alien got annoying)
Any race that looks follow early earth type history
Survivor of Remus
# 88
01-14-2013, 11:47 AM
I didn't like Betazoids much. The only difference between them and humans was the psychic powers.

The Mintakans were dumb. The episode they featured in had an interesting premise, but race's actual design was extensively lazy, right down to the cheap red plastic bows with vines glued on.

I also disliked the Ocampa. They didn't make any sense at all. Just fragile pixie-children created specifically to be saved by Voyager.
Rihannsu
# 89
01-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goedzooi View Post
The Ekosians: They are freaking nazi-aliens, how messed up is that???
The messed up part is that it was a FEDERATION cultural observer who taught them to be Nazis....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 90
01-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Hate me if you must, but my vote goes for Caitian. Seeing those for the first time in Star Trek IV made me cringe. Cats? Maybe a Dog race would be better, I like Dogs ... eg a lovable Mog
I second this feeling...Cats shouldnt be a species...where are the Canine species....we do need more balance for dog lovers