Lt. Commander
# 1 Stance/Walkingrunning
01-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Something that has always been a bug for me and I hope to see changed in 2013 is the way we walk compared to our stance.
We have:
Standard
Feminine*
Brawler
Creature
Cute*
Gruff
Relaxed
Seductive*
Stern
Swagger
Thoughtful
Twitchy
*Is a female stance.

The bold are ones I firmly believe need a certain type of walk/run attached to them. Not saying they all dont deserve this just these stand out the most (at least to me). I'm sure people have made an alien before and thought about putting creature for the stance only to change it later because when you walk/run with them it looks like the standard walk/run.Is it an immersion breaker? For me yes it is when I have a creature type character I think it should run like some kind of creature. So please show some support so that we might get some attention to this detail.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I would bold Swagger as well. Make it kind of a strut. Not a full-on "haters gonna hate" Vince McMahon strut, but somewhere in that ballpark, y'know?

The Seductive walk could be more of a slink. Relaxed could be in the style of The Dude shopping for milk.
---
Relax.
Republic Veteran
# 3
01-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsaberedux View Post
I would bold Swagger as well. Make it kind of a strut. Not a full-on "haters gonna hate" Vince McMahon strut, but somewhere in that ballpark, y'know?

The Seductive walk could be more of a slink. Relaxed could be in the style of The Dude shopping for milk.
You got no chance...

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 4
01-14-2013, 02:48 AM
Talking about this stuff, I would also like to see some speed adjustment or a way to regulate it. When an NPC walks and you want to keep up with it, he will go to fast for you. When you run, you are going to fast for him.

The result is that stuttering, you run, stop, run, stop. Your own BO do it sometimes to. Perhaps we could have four speeds, walk, march, run, sprint?

Another thing. The stances are cool, but I like to change them on the spot with a slash-command and not at the tailor.

What about a feminine stance for a guy, afterall girls can be bold ... or is this subject to touchy.

Last edited by fovrel; 01-14-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Captain
# 5
01-14-2013, 05:26 AM
Ouch... I assume you guys missed the last time Cryptic tried out different walks. A time of sad laughter and hilarious tears. Walking is perfect now

(I know its not, but no need to get the ministry of silly walks get involved again)
Captain
# 6
01-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
Creature

The bold are ones I firmly believe need a certain type of walk/run attached to them.
I totally agree. The "creature" stance should run around like this.
Career Officer
# 7
01-14-2013, 06:58 AM
the one thing that annoys me the most is that when you stop running/walking your character always goes into this combat-ish stance for a second or two instead of just stopping to walk naturally.

female and male walk/sprint animations are indeed different
*does remember the "i hate you daddy-run"-threads*
imho it looks odd when a female char walks/runs like a dude (at least in STO)... and i have not used *male* stances on female chars just because of that.

and in retrospect, i would not mind ADDITIONAL stances or walk animations, but please do not touch what we are used to, it is very odd if your Char suddenly moves differently without you wanting that, and i think that was the problem the last time they changed that stuff around, because suddenly YOUR char moved different and there was no way to keep it as it was.

I also remember there was quite an uproar when 2 walking animations in DCUO were reversed because a month after release it was discovered that the names of the animations were reversed, suddenly everyone in DCUO walked differently than what they've chosen on character creation and in DCUO there was no option like the tailor in STO to change this. So people were suddenly stuck between Comical/Seductive stance+walk animations that they had never chosen.