Captain
# 41
01-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinawatt View Post
I've got the collector's edition, it's worth it. The t-shirt that comes with it is comfortable, the postcards are nice, the DS9 uniform set is pretty good, the map is very out of date, but not bad and the Red Matter Capacitor is a very useful item to have.

Go for it, it's worth the money. And if you enjoy the game then it's even more worth it.
T Shirt? Post cards? What?

Edit: I guess different stores have different bonuses for the collectors edition. Which store had the shirt and postcards?

Last edited by felderburg; 01-14-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Captain
# 42
01-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
T Shirt? Post cards? What?

Edit: I guess different stores have different bonuses for the collectors edition. Which store had the shirt and postcards?
If you buy the physical collector, you'll have those. It's part of the collector, no matter the store.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
I have an existing FTP account, which I set up back in February. I'm thinking about getting the Collector's Edition from Amazon with some Christmas money, but I was just wondering if it is even possible to get the special features from that edition onto my existing account? If they're only for new accounts then it's obviously not going to be worth it.
What does the red matter capacitor do exactly? Trying to see if it's worth it. Seeing lots of people saying good things about it but what are the specs if you can post them.

Thanks
Ensign
# 44
01-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
What does the red matter capacitor do exactly? Trying to see if it's worth it. Seeing lots of people saying good things about it but what are the specs if you can post them.

Thanks
The [Red Matter Capacitor] is a rare re-usable item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship?s equipment for a short time. It is a bonus item that could only be obtained by purchasing the Collector's Edition of Star Trek Online. It can then be claimed via the "Legacy Unlocks" tab of the C-Store.

Stats:

Target: Self
3 Min Recharge
Repairs all disabled systems
+25 All Power Settings for 20 sec

In short it's a reusable battery that boosts and repairs all systems. So yes very much worth it.
Commander
# 45
01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
If you buy the physical collector, you'll have those. It's part of the collector, no matter the store.
It also depends on the country, USA as far as I know didn't get the T-shirt version. It was only in the UK/Europe versions of the collectors edition.

I also think the US version has two costume unlocks (TNG/DS9) while the UK/EU version has one.
Captain
# 46
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
It also depends on the country, USA as far as I know didn't get the T-shirt version. It was only in the UK/Europe versions of the collectors edition.

I also think the US version has two costume unlocks (TNG/DS9) while the UK/EU version has one.
I only had one costume unlock (DS9 I think). Europe box. I though the content was the same for everyone.
Rihannsu
# 47
01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I got a different version with a solid bronze combadge pin.

Also the RMC is even more cool because you can have one for each of your ships! Just click the "claim" button more than once. You can't USE more than one at a time(if you try, the batteries have a shared cooldown and the second can't be used until the CD for the first is over), but it saves you the trouble of transfering it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Yes, the Red Matter Capacitor is absolutely worth it
Career Officer
# 49
01-15-2013, 04:17 PM
I bought the Collector edition today. I am not home at the moment. Opened the box, there is a Pin, 3 guest cards, a CD and manual, but no codes for uniforms and console. The box also comes with Enterprise. Where can I find the code for the console?
-- Vice Admiral's log, stardate 57134.2
... I began to panic and asked my human companion of the meaning of toon. He replied that it was something that was not real. I protested to him that I was walking and running and killing. What did he mean that I was not real? He replied that everyone knew the universe was a computer simulation. Occasionally, he had to accompany another toon too.
Lieutenant
# 50
01-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Look inside the manual, it'll be on the backside of one of the very last pages.
Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excaliber NX-97000-B

www.AccessDenied-STO.com