Empire Veteran
# 11
01-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
Farming them from episode re-runs is a joke at 20 per run; that's 10 months for one part of the Temporal Warfare set, and they're some of the least overpriced items on offer!
So you know, you can only get the lobi from re-runs once per toon, and they aren't tradable. In other words, you can get 20 free lobi, which will save you like 4 or 5 lockboxes that you don't have to open.

Why are all of STO's EPs named 'Steve'?
Career Officer
# 12
01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
There really just need to be more ways to acquire Lobi crystals in general; I considered getting that universal console from the temporal warfare set, but then when I looked at the yields on Lobi crystals I gave up; you'd need to get the maximum on twenty lockboxes to get a single piece of the set, or more realistically around 30 lockboxes, meaning you'd effectively be paying 3,375 ZEN for one item!

Farming them from episode re-runs is a joke at 20 per run; that's 10 months for one part of the Temporal Warfare set, and they're some of the least overpriced items on offer!

A duty officer assignment that cost latinum to go searching for Lobi crystals could be okay. Even if the yields weren't great it would at least allow you to farm the crystals over time, even if it's several weeks worth of assignments. I'm okay with duty officer trade assignments involving latinum, but one for lobi crystals would be a nice step in the right direction.
Actually, I am fairly certain that you cannot "farm" them. Once you get a lobi crystal as part of the accolade, I don't think it will be there the next time you play the mission with the same character. I could be wrong about that though.
Captain
# 13
01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
You can't merge Lobi with any other currency. Lobi is their guaranteed method of making money, especially since most Lobi can only be acquired by way of lock-boxes, which are a HUGE money maker. As much as I would love this (always wanted that recluse sitting there mocking me with its 800 lobi cost), I wouldn't be able to support it in good conscience.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!