Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
The exact same thing is going to happen. Everyone has their own opinion of what should be allowed and what shouldnt.

But here is a obvious issue. If you can not police it then you cant have it as a rule.

In other words it very hard to tell what the opponent has when it comes to consoles and doffs.

So it cant happen guys.

My honest opinion. Play it with everything allowed. Yes it might become a tric war. But you know no one is cheating.

STO has to fix itself. We cant sit here and fix it ourselves and expect conflict like what happen not occur again and again.

Until then you can fight over what doffs you can have or what consoles. In the end you are allowing conflict to infect you on a system you can not control. In the end you lost friends and your own temper.

Sorry just being honest.

PVP isnt broken. It works as intended my Cryptic. So unless Cryptic fixes it it wont improve. Dont try to make the game what it isnt.

Disclaimer - I also would like alot of the great ideas part of our pvp game. I do think Trics are too powerful and some powers just ruin pvp. But its the way it is. We cant police it so why try.
Career Officer
# 2
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
You bring up a very good point. I believe PvPers should be able to use everything or nothing when it comes to a tournament. If everything is allowed then complaining and whining are just that. If nothing is allowed then the playing field is more even and fair but you can't utilize certain things to bring your opponent to his knees in combat.

Stop the whining. Whoever makes a tournament decides the rules. If you disagree then don't participate.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
Stop the whining. Whoever makes a tournament decides the rules. If you disagree then don't participate.
This is the stance that has killed most tournaments.

Also, let's not forget it's should really be cryptic's job to balance the game. The fact that we have to come up with some sort of rule sets just shows you how crap this game really is.

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube)
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Maybe you aren't real PvPers and you are thinking like a PvEer! Balance is everything for a real PvPer because he wants to fight against other real PvPers just relying on perfect knowledge of the game mechanics...and not broken game mechanics that give an advantage that makes useless the skill of the player!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto
F E D - Fighting Evul Drunkards
Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'noS once and for all!
Career Officer
# 5
01-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtciscoinsa View Post
PVP isnt broken. It works as intended my Cryptic. So unless Cryptic fixes it it wont improve. Dont try to make the game what it isnt.
So much of what you said made such perfect beautiful sense and then you said this.

Because really, if nothing is prohibited there can be no cheating and that is the only obvious workable solution.

But sometimes things do have unintended consequences in games. Things do not always work as intended. It's important to recognize that even as we realize the limits on our ability as players to change that even if that is only for our own well being.

Cheers and happy flying!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!
Career Officer
# 6
01-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumapp View Post
This is the stance that has killed most tournaments.

Also, let's not forget it's should really be cryptic's job to balance the game. The fact that we have to come up with some sort of rule sets just shows you how crap this game really is.
Yes it is Cryptics job to balance the game that we pay for but as an avid PvPer I would also like to have some fun in the meantime. We've been waiting for balance since Season 3 and 4. Now some of us are adults and can compromise on certain things but there are others who only want their way and act completely juvenile to try and get it.

It is especially difficult to get concensus on anything for PvP. I hope the devs are listening when i say they need to chose a direction for PvP and just take us there. There will always be whiners but it's time to pony up and make some tough choices.

I pray this will lead to balance and a more enjoyable gaming experience than I already have.
Career Officer
# 7
01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
This tourney would have worked out if not for the unfortunate political horsecrap that some of the fleets brought with them. Diplomacy sometimes requires you to bite your tongue even when it seems like the wrong thing to do. Hopefully they'll learn from this lesson and won't screw the PvP community in the future.

Next time all of the details should be hammered out in a TS, and only the finalized details should be posted in the forum.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Bite your tongue? It hurts!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto
F E D - Fighting Evul Drunkards
Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'noS once and for all!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
Yes it is Cryptics job to balance the game that we pay for but as an avid PvPer I would also like to have some fun in the meantime. We've been waiting for balance since Season 3 and 4. Now some of us are adults and can compromise on certain things but there are others who only want their way and act completely juvenile to try and get it.

It is especially difficult to get concensus on anything for PvP. I hope the devs are listening when i say they need to chose a direction for PvP and just take us there. There will always be whiners but it's time to pony up and make some tough choices.

I pray this will lead to balance and a more enjoyable gaming experience than I already have.
Unfortunately I'm not as optimistic as you. I once was, but that time is long gone.

In fact, I think the game is almost completely unplayable from a fun perspective when it comes to unrestricted (premade) pvp right now.

Some of this games all time best players refuse to open the game anymore unless there's a possibility for restricted pvp games.

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube)
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Career Officer
# 10
01-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumapp View Post
Unfortunately I'm not as optimistic as you. I once was, but that time is long gone.

In fact, I think the game is almost completely unplayable from a fun perspective when it comes to unrestricted (premade) pvp right now.

Some of this games all time best players refuse to open the game anymore unless there's a possibility for restricted pvp games.
I'm not that optimistic either but that's all the reason not to wait and attempt to make something fun now. I've been playing STO consistently since Season 1.

I really hope this unofficial RA tournament actually happens. If people don't complain and just follow the rules it should be a lot of fun. After all we're here to have fun.

Last edited by edalgo; 01-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.