Career Officer
There's something wrong with the Hirogen Battleship group. Ever since Season 7, it will despawn after a few seconds, if it is not immediately engaged in combat.

I think it may be using some sort of ability to hide from sensors, because a glow surrounds the ship before it disappears. However, when it disappears it immediately counts as defeated if it's an objective. So, if that is what is happening, the power is inadvertently despawning the ship entirely.

Other Hirogen groups seem to work properly.

To recreate just place a few Hirogen Battleship groups. Important: The problem may only occur after publish. It was working properly for me sometimes in preview, but it failed every time post publish. This could also mean that it's only the highest rank of battleship that has this problem (in other words, the Lieutenant Commander version is not bugged, but the Admiral version is).

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 12-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
12-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Yes! Thank you! This is the exact problem my mission has. Anyone know if any other ships that use Jam Sensors unexpectedly despawn?
Career Officer
# 3
12-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem (well, I'm sort of sad to see it, but glad that it's not something with my mission). I hope it is fixed soon.

Career Officer
# 4
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
yeah same with my mission but also some of the other hirogen and other bigger ships dissapears, hope they fix it soon, its annoying
Career Officer
# 5
01-14-2013, 12:47 AM
I noticed the exact same behaviour in now 2 of the Cluster Exploration missions (encountered as KDF). Seems to be a problem with the Hirogen Battleship group itself, not specific to the foundry.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
01-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Thank you for the information. This is under investigation.
Career Officer
# 7
01-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Actually, I can add to this. The ship that despawns is a holographic Hirogen ship. It has about 9k hit points at lvl 50 and if it doesn't despawn it does display the fx common to holoships. It seems to pop up randomly when the game calls for a hirogen battleship
Join Unrepentant!

Empire Veteran
# 8
01-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Actually, I can add to this. The ship that despawns is a holographic Hirogen ship. It has about 9k hit points at lvl 50 and if it doesn't despawn it does display the fx common to holoships. It seems to pop up randomly when the game calls for a hirogen battleship
i was in a battleship royal and a Hirogen ship that was extreamly fragile warped in and was killed very quickly, it couldn't have had much for health. thats likely what it was
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 9
01-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Thank you for the information. This is under investigation.
Yeah at first it was stated it was working as intended and now its under investigation
Career Officer
# 10
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Actually now that you mention this, it makes sense. The glow around it looks a lot like that of a holographic ship. I think you're right that the game is spawning a holographic ship sometimes instead of the proper ship, and then since it's not engaged in combat it despawns.