Login

Lieutenant
# 41
01-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hithereyou View Post
Hi All,

Here's an update.

We've tried internally reproducing the problem on two different pieces of Intel hardware (HD3000 & 4000, IIRC), on two drivers, with no luck.
There doesn't seem to be a driver issue with HD3000 as I've used two different computers with the latest drivers and have had no issues with the game crashing the driver. However, the HD2000 seems to be the one causing the issue as I had issues with it until I downgraded my driver to 8.15.10.2253 11/28/2010. That version of the driver fixed the crashing on my laptop with HD2000 but obviously I would like to use the latest drivers as those are 2 years out of date now.

It would be interesting to see if its people with the original Intel HD and HD2000's that are causing the driver crash, as I haven't seen anyone specifically report issues with HD3000/4000's.
Captain
# 42
01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
I am really tired of STO crashing and crashing my machine (not counting the thousands of time's it crashed just the video driver.) I have lost hundreds of millions of EC, hundreds of thousands of dilithium and thousands of omega & fleet marks.

I tried to get help from PWE's "Customer Service" and they just close the case. I'd even be willing to run debug code on the machines having problems (one laptop with Intel GPU (integrated in the P6100 CPU) and another machine with dedicated ATI (dual) GPU with 2GB VRAM.....) but of course, no response.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
I am really tired of STO crashing and crashing my machine (not counting the thousands of time's it crashed just the video driver.) I have lost hundreds of millions of EC, hundreds of thousands of dilithium and thousands of omega & fleet marks.

I tried to get help from PWE's "Customer Service" and they just close the case. I'd even be willing to run debug code on the machines having problems (one laptop with Intel GPU (integrated in the P6100 CPU) and another machine with dedicated ATI (dual) GPU with 2GB VRAM.....) but of course, no response.
Well your issue seems to be much more pronounced them mine. It looks like we share almost the same system. Not sure if we do in fact though. However..Have you been on Tribble? Holodeck still has the bug on it, but I tried out Tribble and they seem to have fixed the problem. That fix should go live this week. I hope it does! Not having detailed specs of your machine it is hard to know if your system is compatible or not. It should be. http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...ed=1#post42631

It is specifically about Intel machines that are not running the game properly. DarthPanda16 has his head on straight and should be able to advise you better then I. However I did post earlier in this thread a link to the model of the laptop I am using to play this game with. You can check that out as well. That should show whether or not it is a compatibility issue or not. Which I doubt it is.
Captain
# 44
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
Well your issue seems to be much more pronounced them mine. It looks like we share almost the same system. Not sure if we do in fact though. However..Have you been on Tribble? Holodeck still has the bug on it, but I tried out Tribble and they seem to have fixed the problem. That fix should go live this week. I hope it does! Not having detailed specs of your machine it is hard to know if your system is compatible or not. It should be. http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...ed=1#post42631

It is specifically about Intel machines that are not running the game properly. DarthPanda16 has his head on straight and should be able to advise you better then I. However I did post earlier in this thread a link to the model of the laptop I am using to play this game with. You can check that out as well. That should show whether or not it is a compatibility issue or not. Which I doubt it is.
I haven't tried Tribble in a couple of weeks, but maybe I will.

I looked at my event logs and I've found that STO has crashed my display driver (Event ID 4101) 2929 times so far.

The one place I've noticed that I've never had a problem is when mining for dilithium on the asteroid.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I have never had a problem mining Dilthium. However I do get problems when traveling to the Asteroid. When I pass the great cloud of people around DS9 and Bajor, however I do get black screens of death. Though never enough to freeze my system.
Captain
# 46
01-15-2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah the flight *to* the asteroid can be a real adventure (worst spot I've actually seen just flying around the map actually), but the asteroid itself seems totally stable and always has been.

I really have my fingers crossed for when the Tribble fix goes live.
Career Officer
# 47
01-16-2013, 06:57 PM
In case anyone missed it, a possible solution to the problem is part of tomorrow's patch notes.

I've been experiencing some nasty video hangups on a regular basis since Season 7 arrived, using a Radeon 5770, which has basically rendered the game unplayable and driven me off to GW2 (which is fantastic).

Hopefully this will help those of us experiencing issues. *crossing fingers*
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Just got this error code after starting up the game and then minimizing it to open firefox.

Quote:
Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned Error code (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL) while creating a render target texture.

Technical Details: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL while creating 2D render target texture size 0x0 (RTEX_BGRA_U8), 1.54GB Ram, 1.49GB virtual space available
I also had to force the game to patch because it did not do it automatically. Also I am playing with a Intel integrated HDgraphics card
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Ok well I am not sure my game completely patched right. I did force it to manually, but it still has the blanking screen problem at higher graphics quality settings. Which means I am stuck at the lowest settings for the while. I am going to update my drivers again and see what that does. It appeared to happen when I was near other people in game. And since there was no on in Tirbble when I tested the fix, there was no way of knowing how other players would effect this bug.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
For anyone who is having trouble patching the game today. Turn of "OnDemand Patching" in the launcher options. That seems to fix the problem. Game should patch after that.