Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 21
01-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
You're surprisingly not far off the mark.

Turns out that Viral Matrix is exploiting a loophole in the way that individual effects are applied by a periodic ability of this nature, which prevented it from being cleansed using conventional methods. You see, the effects don't have a duration until they are active. So while VM has 3 shut-down cycles, only one is ever active at a time and they are 4 seconds apart from one another. And since EngTeam only lasts 5 seconds, the best you could ever do is prevent 2 of those cycles from occurring, and the third would become active outside that safety window.

We've just managed to prototype and implement a new method for cleansing debuffs of this nature, which we haven't made use of on STO in the past. After this fix is patched in, Engineering Team will finally be a true cure for Viral Matrix (as well as the version caused by the "Viral Spread" Doff).
this is exactly what i have been experiencing! glad its not that im crazy, thats exactly whats been going on.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 22
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
this is exactly what i have been experiencing! glad its not that im crazy, thats exactly whats been going on.
But you still are crazy. Just making sure you remember that part.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 771
# 23
01-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Is this solution to finally balance it and Science Team with the fact that Tactical Team lasts 3 times longer and gives three effects (auto-Shield distribute, damage buff, and Boarding Party cleanse - the other two Teams only have two effects)?
The shield redistribute part was added because players were complaining that Tactical Team was too weak, and the boarding party cleanse was really limited and situational compared to what the other two could do.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 24
01-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
The shield redistribute part was added because players were complaining that Tactical Team was too weak, and the boarding party cleanse was really limited and situational compared to what the other two could do.
That being said the debuff cleanse needs to be reduced to total 5s duration, to allow Tactical debuffs like Fire on my Mark & Attack Pattern Beta to be more useful in PvP. I don't think any NPCs even use these so it wouldn't even affect PvE (and would be a very low impact even if a few of them do).

Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 230
# 25
01-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
You're surprisingly not far off the mark.

Turns out that Viral Matrix is exploiting a loophole.
2 week ban on Viral Matrix for knowingly using an exploit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,703
# 26
01-16-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Is this solution to finally balance it and Science Team with the fact that Tactical Team lasts 3 times longer and gives three effects (auto-Shield distribute, damage buff, and Boarding Party cleanse - the other two Teams only have two effects)?
Nope this kind of balance changes if they ever happen, do so as silent patches
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.