Career Officer
# 71
01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznfun View Post
And to set the record STRAIGHT, I am more than just a "PvE'r". I take advantage of all this game has to offer unlike some who are have their brain stuck so far up in the dark they can't really see things for how they are or know what they are doing.

So please, next time you think someone is just a "PvE'r", don't...
You argue like a PvEer. A PvPer would see the reasoning behind the dislike of these pets.

You've done nothing in this thread to counter the notion that pets shouldn't be able to use VM in PvP matches. You just chimed in with some spiel about "learning how to change tactics."

As if something that has such a powerful ability on tap necessitates a change in tactics. Mai has a point though, VM has an opportunity cost on Science Vessels and is balanced by its cooldown and use of doffs to better it.

Taking a call in and being able to get VM casted sidesteps that a bit. If you can't see why that is a bad thing, then clearly you're not a PvPer.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 01-14-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Career Officer
# 72
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Ok lets just take this approach then..

Lets remove ALL pets from PvP, the ability to heal a teammate, debuff the enemy and focus strictly on damage. You can only buff yourself.

No carrier pets, no photonic fleet, no subnuke and ALL AOE affect EVERYONE in range (like tykens and gravity well, beam fire at will and scatter volley to name a few. That sounds like a good compromise to me (Yeah right, I ain't stupid, the PvP community would never go for that)...

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
Career Officer
# 73
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
blznfun has nailed it on the head there..i couldnt have said it any better..before you call us names THINK..we do know what were talking about

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Career Officer
# 74
01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
exactly..if the ship has to be removed then everything will have to be removed...

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Career Officer
# 75
01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
No, you don't know what you're talking about.

You're ignorant of the game and are merely angry over the suggestion that a toy get rebalanced or removed from PvP.

As if you need the VM in the call in to complete your PvE dailies or STFs (normal STFs, judging by the ignorance of your posts).

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 76
01-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznfun View Post
Ok lets just take this approach then..

Lets remove ALL pets from PvP, the ability to heal a teammate, debuff the enemy and focus strictly on damage. You can only buff yourself.

No carrier pets, no photonic fleet, no subnuke and ALL AOE affect EVERYONE in range (like tykens and gravity well, beam fire at will and scatter volley to name a few. That sounds like a good compromise to me (Yeah right, I ain't stupid, the PvP community would never go for that)...
That's just plain silly and has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. PvP is a team-setting, not everyone is there to do damage. There are healers and debuffers too. Team support is what makes the game fun for them. Honestly, this just sounds like the cries of someone with no valid arguments to make.

EDIT: And.... I can see where this thread is headed. No fret. Everyone has provided ample amount of feedback on the issue for now. I shipped off this thread to the dev team earlier so all sides of feedback can be taken into consideration. Thanks! -Brandon

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-14-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Closed Thread