Rihannsu
# 11
01-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
What does the tourny have to do with this themed one off ever I'm hosting?

I would... Except the event is this Sunday. So maybe next dominion wars.
Sorry, anything organized in the fashion you are trying to do I usually think of as a Tournament.

Also, something about the ships allowed feels.. Off to me.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 12
01-14-2013, 11:37 PM
It's for fun.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 13
01-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Sorry, anything organized in the fashion you are trying to do I usually think of as a Tournament.

Also, something about the ships allowed feels.. Off to me.
Ah well I'm just trying to do a monthly themed event. Last month was the original Star Trek and it was a blast.

Sadly the dominion is limited to their ships and in pretty sure I covered all the active combat type of ships during the dominion war for the Feds and Klingons.

If you don't like this layout there's always next months "TNG wars" theme
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Rihannsu
# 14
01-15-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Ah well I'm just trying to do a monthly themed event. Last month was the original Star Trek and it was a blast.

Sadly the dominion is limited to their ships and in pretty sure I covered all the active combat type of ships during the dominion war for the Feds and Klingons.

If you don't like this layout there's always next months "TNG wars" theme
Actually, it's not the Dominion side that feels off, but the entire Fed side.

Akira can't use Torpedo Console or Pets.

MVAM is even allowed, and can't use MVAM console? (Might be a little Care bear of me, but wasn't the MVAM not even available during the dominion War and it didn't even show up till LATE in Voyager?)

And the B-rel R? Uhh... shouldn't it be restricted to the Hegh'ta?

Not to mention the Steamrunner...?

Defiant..can't cloak? Derp?

I just don't recall any of those ships really being Valid during that time frame. But then again I am no where near an aficionado of all things Trek, or even anything near close to knowledgeable when it comes to all the ships that were available in the Dominion War Era of Trek. /nerdmoment
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Commander
# 15
01-15-2013, 12:54 AM
You are right about the ships. If we are going for the "reality" thingy, then Defiant and Prometheus should be banned too. Prometheus prototype was fielded after the Dominion War ended and as far as I know the Defiant was in prototype stage during the war and second Defiant (renamed Sao Paulo?) was the first ship from production series. So it really has no place in the War.

Dunno about Klinks, but I thought they were flying only standard BoPs (don't know what class is their equivalent in STO), Vor'chas and D7/K'T'Ingas. There was only one Negh'Var: the flagship of Empire so it should be banned too.

As for the event - sadly it's the evening sunday so a nope for me.
Rihannsu
# 16
01-15-2013, 01:56 AM
sounds like fun i m not sure i can make it but will post in SVR events.

we could have a b'rel simulating the mine layer around the wormhole (and also record the thing) kind of as an evironemental hazard.

Nebula should ok, no??

Happy Snix day -cause everyday is snix day from now on
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 01-15-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Captain
# 17
01-15-2013, 02:08 AM
I've included the promethius in the fed side of things so they could have a lt cmdr sci station. I know its the only "out of place" ship on the fed side but it'll have to do.

The defiant class was active during the war, the use valiant comes to mind.

The defiant class by default does not have a cloaking device in Star Trek only the use defiant and S?o Paulo does.

The steam runner was introduced the same time as the Norway and Akira were (first contact) and used through out the dominion war.

The nebula is sadly classed as a science ship so no science ships for the dominion war.

Sadly, the Brel refit is the only bird of prey from that era and since the only Brel you can get now is the retrofit and fleet retrofit... It'll have to do.

I'm making due with the little ship selection there is

And again if you don't agree with my decision then there's always TNG wars next month
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 18
01-15-2013, 02:19 AM
No nebula ? :-(( I'm using it as cruiser tho...no "magic" involved...except some occasional sensor thingy. No Nebula = me boycott !
Career Officer
# 19
01-15-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
The nebula is sadly classed as a science ship so no science ships for the dominion war.
But why? Nebula, Intrepid and the Nova were all active during the war.
-----------------------
decker999
Career Officer
# 20
01-15-2013, 06:17 AM
This event is relevant to my interests......