Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 31
01-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The why are so many feds spawning camping the zone respawn/KDF spawn point in Ker'ret all the time if its the KDF whom are "more" guilty?
This thread and this post is sounding more like another complaint against Premades versus PuGs and even a little against the KDF.

Is that the true intention of your post? Just to kick up the old PuG versus Premade, KDF versus feds, PvE versus PvP antpile?

Have some players become such wimps that they cant simply identify the actual issues with PvP so they just complain its the Premades, PvP in general or the mean ol'KDF fault?
That is a design flaw, becaus the game makes everybody spawn in the same spot at reset of mission. That makes it easy for people to spawn camp. I wish they would redo War Zone all toghether because it doens't follow the current narrative of Klingon and FED when it comes to borg. Maybe they should make the NPC's Trueway forces because they do operate in the Neutral Zone and they are enemies with both the Klingons and Fed.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 32
01-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
I wish they would redo War Zone all toghether because it doens't follow the current narrative of Klingon and FED when it comes to borg. Maybe they should make the NPC's Trueway forces because they do operate in the Neutral Zone and they are enemies with both the Klingons and Fed.
I can go for that idea.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,411
# 33
01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Alexindcobra and all the brave good guys who never complain or worse whine, but simply are protesting against a PvP too unbalanced in favor of the bad guys...
Fed comrades...friends...I'm agree with you with all my heart, but don't expect that the evul Klinguns feel guilty!
They are cruel and ruthless predators...it's their nature, you know...natural born killers!
The respawn killing is more easy because they have powerful and faster vessels, with better cloaks and energy drain capabilities.
Only a well organized cross healing fed ball can survive their terrific assault!
And the real and complete name of the House of Beautiful Orions is...well...add a "sucking" in the middle!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,008
# 34
01-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Alexindcobra and all the brave good guys who never complain or worse whine (ROFL), but simply are protesting against a PvP too unbalanced in favor of the bad guys...
made my day! organized and capable team/players + teamspeak = "the bad guys" aka "the cheaters"
Go pro or go home
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 35
01-15-2013, 01:35 AM
This reminds me of Ker'rat earlier tonight. Was 8 feds, 6 klinks, and we all spawned in the same spot at the start (like usual), there was a massive brawl, and the feds got owned. Then the klinks proceeded to fight their way across the map slaughtering feds and borg as they went, then sat about 20k off the fed spawn waiting. The feds kept on coming back in and trying to break through. Then they called us spawn campers, even though we gave them a 10k buffer to just warp out.

I died 7 times, but picked up over 100 kills in my Tor'Kaht (mostly off of Defiants and Oddys, but I did get a few bugs too). I don't think it's anything other than skill level, since we were outnumbered most of the time.

These were two pug teams. Then I went on the fed side with a few of my friends and we were on TS. We went back into Ker'rat, and proceeded to COMPLETELY turn the tables on the klinks. We pushed them back into the middle before they realized straight out attacks weren't a good idea and started ambush tactics. Sufficed to say we pushed them back to their spawn and then left.

So what I can conclude is your average fed is an idiot and pug KDF teams work much better. And then an organized fed team can come in and actually clean up. So I say again, this is skill, nothing more, nothing less.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.

Last edited by hereticknight085; 01-15-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8
# 36 Is spawn camping necessary?
01-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Hi all

first of all, from my point of view there is no difference regarding spawn camping between the Fed and KDF side.

Is spawn camping always intentional? No! As other people already pointed out, a battle may end up at the respawn point because the skill of the teams is very much imbalanced. However, if it is like this the stronger teams have it in their hands how to continue the battle. You can kill your opponents when spawning, when they are helpless, which is the easiest thing to do. Do you have fun with that? (If yes, you may consult a psychiatrist, someone who may improve your self-confidence.) Of course the superior team will win anyway and killing people at the respawn just speed it up and the losing team should not cry because of losing. Exactly, if you cannot deal with losing you should not play PvP, play PvE at lowest difficulty. However, get killed instantly at the respawn point is one of the most frustrating experiences in a PvP match and this will have consequences. People may warp out of the PvP map and you can finally not gain your rewards. People which experiences spawn camping many times may stop playing PvP finally because there is no fun about it. Personally, very often I just don't respawn until the opponents removed from the respawn point and I suggest that also to my teammates. This can increase the time which is needed to finish the match very much, especially in arena matches. However, I can wait and sometimes I can have fun with that. Why? See below.

Is spawn camping sometimes intentional? Yes it is, there are people out there which using it as their favorite tactic. In arena matches they spawn camp as soon as possible. I was killed in space arenas at the respawn point by people waiting already with tricobalt mines and ejected warp-plasma, even I was the first one who gets killed. I also have met teams in c&h which don't care about capturing at all. They just hindered the weaker team to capture, killed them and attacked them finally at the respawn point for an endless slaughter. The only thing you can do than is to warp out of the map. Same in the ground PvP assault map. There are teams which love to slaughter the weaker team at respawn, instead of uploading the viruses to their basis which would speed up the final win and would be much less frustrating for the losing team. All this is in my point of view just bad behavior which harms finally PvP, because it keeps people away.

Of course, Cryptic would be able to improve the bad respawn mechanics and they should. However, it is always your personnel decision how you are playing the game, don't blame Cryptic for your bad behavior.

Welan

"any improvement requires change,
but a change is not necessarily an improvement"

Last edited by wiseoak; 01-15-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 37
01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
So what I can conclude is your average fed is an idiot and pug KDF teams work much better. And then an organized fed team can come in and actually clean up. So I say again, this is skill, nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, those were just dilithium farmers.

This is what happens when you pair up skilled Feds against the types of Klingons who frequent Kerrat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZ5RVScpo

These Klingons get rolled hard by skilled players even when they possess a numerical advantage.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,411
# 38
01-15-2013, 11:08 AM
Baudl, you've written "The bad guy" aka "the cheaters"...but you've forgotten "the evul Klinguns"!

Snoge00f, excuse me...only skilled Feds? The Spanish Inquisition and the Sad Pandas are the best of the best of the PvP Fed Fleets!
That video proves my point because only astounding Fed players are able to kick some ugly Klingun ass!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,411
# 39
01-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Hereticknight085, my compliments for your successful counteroffensive but tell me...you died only 7 times in your Tor'Kaht but vaporizing 100 fed vessels. Awesome performance!
Are you so good when you play Fed side?
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,730
# 40
01-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Baudl, you've written "The bad guy" aka "the cheaters"...but you've forgotten "the evul Klinguns"!

Snoge00f, excuse me...only skilled Feds? The Spanish Inquisition and the Sad Pandas are the best of the best of the PvP Fed Fleets!
That video proves my point because only astounding Fed players are able to kick some ugly Klingun ass!
Nah, good players that work as a team will beat Klingon tactics just fine.

You don't need the best to beat the fail Klingons you see now.

Now if it were QEW, that's another story altogether.

If you analyse the video you can see what a difference proper coordination and healing can do even when you're faced with bad odds.

A coordinated attack will beat an uncoordinated one any day.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:16 PM.