Community Moderator
# 111
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
You know the Breen/Deferi series? Where you get to meet the Preserver at the end? And the Preservers were responsible for seeding the galaxy with life (which is why most of the aliens in Trek resemble humans)?

Well, in another of his time travel adventures, Kirk actually spawned with a Preserver, and his genetic line went out and conquered the galaxy.

So, you see, we are all descendents of Kirk.

Hmmm, for typing random crap, I have an idea for a new foundry mission...
Make this in the Foundry. I will tip you even if it's bad.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
01-15-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaitu View Post
Show me any canon information showing Kira to be interested in politics. I'll accept even the slightest hint or vague indication.

So far as I know, Kira only ever hated politics and detested bureaucracies.

Serving as the Bajoran Liaison Officer aboard DS9 made her an official representative of the Bajoran Government. She was already involved in politics during the DS9 story arc.
Captain
# 113
01-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
Serving as the Bajoran Liaison Officer aboard DS9 made her an official representative of the Bajoran Government. She was already involved in politics during the DS9 story arc.
Toss in her role as one of Shakaar's advisors, an (albeit extremely antagonistic) advisor to the Kai, work done to advise the Vedek Assembly and Council of Ministers. Being fed up with what your government is doing doesn't equate to not being interested in helping your people out in a political role.

Quote:
If he became leader of the Presbyterian church, that might be relevant.
You're using the fact that a General (who later became a political leader himself) didn't become the head of a completely different faith as justification for someone with a completely different personality, personal history, faith and experiences to not become the head of that person's faith?

You're really reaching now.

Last edited by stirling191; 01-15-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Career Officer
# 114
01-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Oh, so that's why General Eisenhower rose to the rank of Pope..
Eisenhower didn't serve under Jesus, nor was he possessed by God to duke it out with Satan, so I don't see how his failure to become Pope means anything.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 115
01-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Eisenhower didn't serve under Jesus, nor was he possessed by God to duke it out with Satan, so I don't see how his failure to become Pope means anything.
Is it bad that your one sentence more or less sums up half the points I was trying to make all morning?
Republic Veteran
# 116
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
What does god need with a Starship...in other words keep it Trek

Captain
# 117
01-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
What does god need with a Starship...in other words keep it Trek
That was a pure Trek analogy.

Jesus = Sisko
God = Prophets
Satan = Pah Wraiths
Pope = Kai

Therefore

Eisenhower =/= Kira
Captain
# 118
01-15-2013, 12:14 PM
This thread was originally about how the characters from the Tv shows are tied to this game in unorthodox, strange, and poor ways. Now it's about fictional politics on a fictional world from a fictional universe.

I can't turn my back on you guys for a week can I?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Community Moderator
# 119
01-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
This thread was originally about how the characters from the Tv shows are tied to this game in unorthodox, strange, and poor ways. Now it's about fictional politics on a fictional world from a fictional universe.
Fictional politics and fictional religion. There's a "song" I'd link for this, but then I'd have to give myself a warning.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 120
01-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
And also to be clear, Data reincarnating is also stupid, but for entirely different reasons. At least Data's return has a seed of possibility planted in an actual Star Trek production.

Data's reincarnation is stupid because it guts the plot of Nemesis, not to mention the whole line about "he should have the potential to become more than he is". Personally, I don't translate this as "he should have the potential to become me again after I die".

That's just me.. there are plenty of people who hate Nemesis just because Data dies. I'm not one of those people.
Blame JJ for that. Cryptic got the idea from the Countdown comics that JJ put out that explained the prologue of the 2009 movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I made this article a while back to keep all the characters together:

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_canon_characters
What about Harry Kim at Cirini Prime?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-15-2013 at 12:23 PM.