Empire Veteran
# 81
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
At the moment, we are working mainly on compatibility issues and basic infrastructure stuff which is rather invisible. (Except that needing to get new Account Guard permissions all the time and many "maintenance" errors will be getting fixed.)

You will start to see some Fleet support fairly soon.
Is this STO Gateway intended mostly just as a read only tool for viewing game information only when you are not able to actually play the game or is it meant to have some types of actual game play like for instance the doff system?
Starfleet Veteran
# 82
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
At the moment, we are working mainly on compatibility issues and basic infrastructure stuff which is rather invisible. (Except that needing to get new Account Guard permissions all the time and many "maintenance" errors will be getting fixed.)

Will these compatibility fixes include support for Internet Explorer 10?

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
Empire Veteran
# 83
01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:

Thank you for the update. Since its release I hadn't heard any direction.
Fleet stuff in the next big feature? Ok.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 84
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
IE10 fixes are in the next update.
Career Officer
# 85
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
The Gateway never loads for me on my smart phone. It loads great on my PC in both Firefox and Chrome, but it hangs on the "Accessing Player Files" on my phone and never displays my character information.

I input my correct login information, and it accepts it then goes to the "waiting" screen but I've let it sit for several minutes and it never accesses my characters.

Phone is Nokia Lumia 710, Windows phone.
Career Officer
# 86
01-15-2013, 12:11 PM
should have made it into an app for both the Android and IOS. The phone explorers are clumsy at best.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Starfleet Veteran
# 87
01-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Dunno if known yet, but when I view my captain's profile, all gear and devices aren't displayed.
Buoyancy
That fine line between ship or submarine
Captain
# 88
01-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I realize this has been brought up roughly 7 billion times (or so I'm guessing, only read 2 pages of this thread), but being able to access and use this for DOFF assignments would be totally amazing. I often log on the full client just for DOFF, but I do have overall limited bandwidth and this would burn far less, over the long term. And it would just generally be a fantastic feature. It would be very welcome.

I am not really a fan of social networking getting out of control but this seems like it has massive potential for people sharing characters with friends. And actually gives people a reason to fill out the biography sections, have a little fun writing. I wrote a fairly extensive bio for my Joined Trill KDF character and I guess no one but me ever really sees it. So I dig it.

I could also see this being highly useful down the road for people trying to find fleets that are genuinely full of players that actually care and are active. Could save some people joining fleets they don't want to if they could do some research first.

I do second some of the privacy issues mentioned before about equipment setups, how much Dil is in accounts etc. I do not really need strangers to know my Dil balance.

Characters seem to look slightly weird, the heads don't look quite right.

But overall I find this pretty cool and would like to see it developed more.

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-15-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Ensign
# 89
01-16-2013, 01:41 AM
As someone with a dynamic IP, I have to re-register my PC every time I try to log in.
Please change that.
Empire Veteran
# 90
01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
The Gateway is a great idea looking a bit into the future though can you confirm that:

The Gateway will be a platform for external websites to retrieve STO based info for use on other sites.

I run a website for my fleet which I would love to be able to make a RESTFUL or SOAP web service call to the Gateway to retrieve current info including fleet rank about a certain profile and have my websites Access Control Level updated for that user.

EG:

So Joe.Blog@joeblogs might be a registered handle on my website and he has a website rank of level 1.
When I promote Joe.Blogs within my fleet that information is available by Gateway and when my site next retrieves that info it then allows a workflow to run that will update the user's rank of my fleet site.

Is the exposure of an API like this a possibility in the future?
Closed Thread