Career Officer
# 21
01-15-2013, 01:59 PM
I think the problem with the projects is the cost/benefit part. When you look all the projects, it's hard to find the value on them. But that beign said, all the projects toghether they look nice. But the cost is too high.
Career Officer
# 22
01-15-2013, 02:00 PM
i don't know....

isn't this game like supposed to be an MMO or something?

would we not rather want REAL people visiting our Starbase, instead of having to pay for NPCs to (badly) simulate that?

heck since this horrible chrome Breen Ship "2012" logo hangs in the center of our starbase i don't even like to go there anymore, nothing but immersion breaking to have a 2012 sign in a game that is supposed to be in 2409, and a Breen Ship advertisement that won't even stay OFF when i press the button, every time the instance is reloaded it is ON again... bleh
Community Moderator
# 23
01-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Thank you, this is a fantastic project for the FSF fleet!!!

Qapla'
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Commander
# 24
01-15-2013, 02:07 PM
I have a proposition :make a vendor from the NPC's .
It could sell things like hypos/regens and ship batteries.
It should be able to buy back loot from players .

This way everybody would be happier I think
Career Officer
# 25
01-15-2013, 02:08 PM
That's nice...I guess.

Why not instead of just adding more NPCs, give them some flavor. Give them some interesting dialogue tidbits and behavior quirks while they wander around. Maybe make a lore NPC available that dives a little bit into the background of the Ferasans and Exocomps. (voiceovers would make it even better)
@HyperLimited
Empire Veteran
# 26
01-15-2013, 02:15 PM
The projects are NOT the problem ... Its the COST that's the problem.

Our fleet stopped attempting these because of all the OTHER resources sinks bleeding us dry. :|

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 27
01-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
I have a proposition :make a vendor from the NPC's .
It could sell things like hypos/regens and ship batteries.
It should be able to buy back loot from players .

This way everybody would be happier I think
Projects that serve a purpose would complete make them more worth considering.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 28
01-15-2013, 02:17 PM
More recycling of existing game assets for profit. Waste of time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
01-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Exocomps ??? Realy ??? Copy/past, boss im ready, l8r. Is this how you guys work ???
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Community Moderator
# 30
01-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
That's nice...I guess.

Why not instead of just adding more NPCs, give them some flavor. Give them some interesting dialogue tidbits and behavior quirks while they wander around. Maybe make a lore NPC available that dives a little bit into the background of the Ferasans and Exocomps. (voiceovers would make it even better)
That's a brilliant idea!
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.