Lt. Commander
# 41
01-15-2013, 04:03 PM
It would be cool if those recycled NPCs would contribute to starbase projects over time. At least, the 200k dil would be an investment instead of a thoughtless spending.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 42
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I have a funny feeling that "Star Trek: Online" is getting ready to close up shop. During the past few weeks, Cryptic has been running several sales. If they didn't make enough revenue from the sales, I think these 'filler' special projects will become common.
Definitely not; there is so much coming this year I can't even begin to tell you (no, literally, I can't tell you yet lol). But, we've always run sales and promotions during the end of the year in the autumn and winter months. 2012 was no different.

All of these projects have been designed, developed, completed and scheduled for quite a while now -- if I'm not mistaken, all the Starbase and Embassy projects are ready and we are going to be releasing them every couple weeks (so, going forward, subject to change, one Starbase and one Embassy project per month). This allows fleets more time to complete them, if they would even like to in the first place. They are not mandatory, are (for the most part) purely aesthetic, and available for the fleets that choose/ want to slot and complete the projects. Like the most recent project rerun, which ends on Thursday, I'm fairly certain we will hold another one in the future so new fleets have a chance to complete them, and so existing fleets that chose not to complete them on their first run have another chance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 43
01-15-2013, 04:16 PM
In regards to "Fleet Projects", any chance we can get something -useful- anytime soon? Display Fleet Logo on the station hull perhaps, or atleast display the station name at the top of the screen? (useful for Fleet Actions)
Career Officer
# 44
01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
You're joking Cryptic, aren't you?

You must be. The last few projects haven't been worth 20k let alone 200k Dilithium!
Career Officer
# 45
01-15-2013, 05:02 PM
  1. Dil even harder to get than before.
  2. More NPCs at a base no one ever goes to.
  3. HUGE cost for nothing. (see #2)
  4. I hope Cryptic didn't waste too much time on this.
How about you fix the freak'n power tray so my powers stop moving around, disappering and getting added when I change Boffs? Hmmmmm??

Fix the stuff that matters, then worry about the pretty useless things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
going forward, subject to change, one Starbase and one Embassy project per month
So only a complete waste of 4.8M Dil a year? What a bargain.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 01-15-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Captain
# 46
01-15-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
so, going forward, subject to change, one Starbase and one Embassy project per month). This allows fleets more time to complete them, if they would even like to in the first place
Thanks! As a fleet leader I can tell you that I appreciate that.

Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 47
01-15-2013, 05:06 PM
was it not said by one of the devs that these projects will be cheaper the second time around ? , they should be tbh cause they cost far to much now that you need dilithium for rep items
Career Officer
# 48
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Um,.... No

I've been grinding the rep system and other starbase projects till my fingers bleed.

If my fleet queues up this project, they're on their own.

I need every last pebble of my dilithium for rep rewards, or the starbase stores we've already had to grind to unlock so far.

Not for wasteful sinks that serve no purpose.

200k dilithium for A few exocomps buzzing buy.... no thanks.

This latest project disappoints me on so many levels. And that's this players honest opinion.
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
They are not mandatory, are (for the most part) purely aesthetic, and available for the fleets that choose/ want to slot and complete the projects. Like the most recent project rerun, which ends on Thursday, I'm fairly certain we will hold another one in the future so new fleets have a chance to complete them, and so existing fleets that chose not to complete them on their first run have another chance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Why do these type of projects that require quite the ammount of dil. have to be limited time only? Why don't just make them stack, so a fleet can pick and work on the ones they'd like to have (I don't like all of them, like the Breen ornament for ex.) on the fleet starbase or embassy at their own pace?
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 50
01-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Branflakes, can you comment on what happens to those still with the Winter event special project queued?
My fleet is not going to be able to complete the project (due to lack of beads and bells) and will be stuck with the project half finished.
Is there a way we'll be able to remove it as an active project to queue up this new one?
I seem to remember borticus saying we won't get stuck with this winter project somehow.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser