Starfleet Veteran
# 21
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
its hard to miss the effect when these go off. 1 or 2 effects nothing, but i was likely hit by someone who never speced into them at all. did get hit by a full dispersal pater of them yesterday, on purpose to check, and it took all of my shields that time
yes drunk, i checked these mines against rsp extends tss and team fort. all at the same time.this is why i made my post in the end. im not getting much support on this like i would have thought. seems people in sto pvp side have their own agendas. im looking for balance as a whole.
Career Officer
# 22
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
You can actually out run these after they hit if you are moving fast enough. Or they have a chance to miss. I have noticed sometimes when they hit they do nothing at all then the next time boom no shields...
Empire Veteran
# 23
01-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
yes drunk, i checked these mines against rsp extends tss and team fort. all at the same time.this is why i made my post in the end. im not getting much support on this like i would have thought. seems people in sto pvp side have their own agendas. im looking for balance as a whole.
well, they are just kinda rare and spendy to get. that bug with tach beam and their cooldown was present for so long because no one used both ever, and hardly anyone uses ether. its not wide spread enough to get anyone to really care about it i think
Career Officer
# 24
01-15-2013, 04:41 PM
I have a set maybe I should take them in karrat so people can see how derp they are!
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
01-15-2013, 04:43 PM
please do rand. also dont forget they do have an aoe affect, fed ball anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-15-2013, 05:00 PM
These mines do not do any shield damage. We should keep this in mind. These mines do not appear in the combat log. They apply a negative shield regeneration on the people affected for the duration of the debuff. If every mine does a -700 regeneration per second over 7 mines, you will apply a -4900 shield regeneration on the target, per second. This is per shield facing! So in affect you are stripping off 19600 shields per second, not accounting for the base shield regeneration of your shields.
This debuff will be placed on anyone that is with in the AOE of the mines. Therefore, if placed on the whole team you will be seeing a massive shield loss.

What we haven't seen yet is a team using Gravity Well with 3 x DP3 = 14 mines x 3 = 42 mines = -29400 shield regen and a full Torpedo Spread. That would be 117600 shield loss per second. RSP won't help if they are not shooting at you.

I have been able to get my mines to -840 regen using Flow capacitor boosts.

Insulators should do a bit more against these mines, and maybe shield power level as well.

Last edited by pug02; 01-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
rooster75, yes i am really amazed at the faact no nerf thred came up. thats why i made my own. these mines are so op and need a balance pass. im kinda pissed trics have the huge majority of post. these mines need to be checked. guess yeah we need everyone to start using these to piss people off and come in to post. like i said i payed rl $ and i want these nerfed.
Yes, I agree these mines need a balance pass. I also have these mines on 2 separate toons and wholeheartedly agree upon how borked these things are.

Last edited by rooster75; 01-15-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 28
01-15-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug02 View Post
These mines do not do any shield damage. We should keep this in mind. These mines do not appear in the combat log. They apply a negative shield regeneration on the people affected for the duration of the debuff. If every mine does a -700 regeneration per second over 7 mines, you will apply a -4900 shield regeneration on the target, per second. This is per shield facing! So in affect you are stripping off 19600 shields per second, not accounting for the base shield regeneration of your shields.
This debuff will be placed on anyone that is with in the AOE of the mines. Therefore, if placed on the whole team you will be seeing a massive shield loss.

What we haven't seen yet is a team using Gravity Well with 3 x DP3 = 14 mines x 3 = 42 mines = -29400 shield regen and a full Torpedo Spread. That would be 117600 shield loss per second. RSP won't help if they are not shooting at you.

I have been able to get my mines to -840 regen using Flow capacitor boosts.

Insulators should do a bit more against these mines, and maybe shield power level as well.
*blinks, re-reading that*...I'm a believer!...in that these need a balance pass.

Captain
# 29
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Hmm...seems like mounting these plus any other mine (trics for lulz) would make things even worse.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
01-15-2013, 08:56 PM
lol they do that as it is. full premades.