Captain
# 51
01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
What about the separated borg as playable race in either side?
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Rihannsu
# 52
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
You mean Lib Borg Captains? That's an LTS benefit.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 53
01-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
What about the separated borg as playable race in either side?
Inside my collector, I didn't have a borg BOFF or character species. I think it's related to amazon or something.
Captain
# 54
01-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You mean Lib Borg Captains? That's an LTS benefit.
Yes.Thanks...
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 55
01-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I did it! Here is under the assumption that you want to add the Collector Edition to your existing account.

There is an activation code and an old activation web link on the last page of the manual. Website redirection will ask you to enter your current account information, and Cryptic Account Guard key will send to your e-mail. Retrieved the key from the e-mail and input it on the web page. Again, re-enter account information will then send you to your general account page. Click on "key" button and enter the activation game code. If successful, it will show your current existing game features, including the Collector Edition. In my case, it also shows my Lifetime subscription.

Next, start your game as usual. Go to the Zen Store -> Legacy Unlocks, and claim your Red Matter Capacitor. Your free uniforms are automatically unlocked. The free Constitution class Enterprise can be claimed from the shipyard (listing as zero zen). However, it won't let me rename it as "Enterprise" because it is a restricted name. Strangely, I was able to name it "Potemkin."
-- Vice Admiral's log, stardate 57134.2
... I began to panic and asked my human companion of the meaning of toon. He replied that it was something that was not real. I protested to him that I was walking and running and killing. What did he mean that I was not real? He replied that everyone knew the universe was a computer simulation. Occasionally, he had to accompany another toon too.
Empire Veteran
# 56
01-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostrek2012 View Post
I did it! Here is under the assumption that you want to add the Collector Edition to your existing account.
Yes, you have to jump several hoops before you can access your Deluxe edition content. This process is done with the Steam Starter Pack as well (Which I recommend getting for the SteamRunner).

Keep in mind that the codes in the Deluxe Edition is found in the last page of the instruction manual. The European Edition does come with the T-Shirt - the American version does not.

We Americans get the Comm Badge Pin, two uniforms, & the console

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostrek2012 View Post
Next, start your game as usual. Go to the Zen Store -> Legacy Unlocks, and claim your Red Matter Capacitor. Your free uniforms are automatically unlocked. The free Constitution class Enterprise can be claimed from the shipyard (listing as zero zen). However, it won't let me rename it as "Enterprise" because it is a restricted name. Strangely, I was able to name it "Potemkin."
You cannot name it the "Enterprise" because the name is Iconic and is the mascot for Star Trek, that is the center theme for the series.

It is the same when naming BO's and character names - It will not allow you to name it after copyrighted works, and/or famous actors from the TV series.

For Example: I tried naming a toon after Supergirls Kryptonian name:

Kara Zor El

The game would not allow it.

The name "Potemkin" though used in the original series after a starship, is not iconic to the series nor was it the center theme of the series. Basically not important enough to the Trek series. Same with the Kelvin etc...

Also names like Voyager, Defiant, Enterprise are all Iconic ships from the series - I can only imagine that Cryptic does not want a thousand Voyagers & Defiants flying around, let alone Enterprise.

Why would anyone even want to name their ship Enterprise? It is already in the game and its Captain is Shon.
Commander
# 57
01-16-2013, 05:18 AM
Well this sucks.

I can't buy the Collector's Edition now without forking out loads of money for it. $9 on Amazon, but they don't ship to the UK, or I can pay some $49 for one that does ship to the UK, but that doesn't include shipping. Amazon's UK site just says they no longer have it available.

As for eBay, I'm stuck with buying it from the US, and paying a small fortune to get it shipped over here.
Career Officer
# 58
01-16-2013, 05:24 AM
I did a trade with a fleet matey ..
He bought the collectors from US Amazon for 15$, i bought the Digital Deluxe in europe.

We swapped codes, now we both have both versions. Otherwise very expensive or unobtainable.

Im only missing out on the Real swag included in the collectors item, but 6months of having the Red Matter has alleviated that somewhat.
Commander
# 59
01-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
I did a trade with a fleet matey ..
He bought the collectors from US Amazon for 15$, i bought the Digital Deluxe in europe.

We swapped codes, now we both have both versions. Otherwise very expensive or unobtainable.

Im only missing out on the Real swag included in the collectors item, but 6months of having the Red Matter has alleviated that somewhat.
Now that's not a bad idea. I'll have to see if anyone is willing to do that
Career Officer
# 60
01-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
Now that's not a bad idea. I'll have to see if anyone is willing to do that
I am interested in the digital deluxe edition so may be we can do a code swap. Before we go swap code, let me check if my local store has any remaining copy of the Collector Edition.
-- Vice Admiral's log, stardate 57134.2
... I began to panic and asked my human companion of the meaning of toon. He replied that it was something that was not real. I protested to him that I was walking and running and killing. What did he mean that I was not real? He replied that everyone knew the universe was a computer simulation. Occasionally, he had to accompany another toon too.