Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
It's good that more people are taking responsibility. I myself am very sorry about the part that I played in all of this.

I do have one question though.

I think about half the Panda fleet got banned from your TS last time, is that reversed? Obviously if someone is acting out they need to be kicked, but if you guys want to become a major interfleet "PvP hub" like it sounds like you do it would be good to have a guarantee that you won't randomly ban people you don't agree with.

To put things in perspective, even Pax isn't banned on Panda Vent, despite the fact that he has recorded and posted conversations from our members without their consent. There's another question: can we trust you guys not to do that anymore?
again with this crap? drop it dude, like naz said past is past let it die. if me and him could talk then maybe a few people need to learn that saying.
Commander
# 12
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganwilliams1 View Post
I don't think it's the fleet. I think it's more the misguided ambition of one person. Sadly, that reflects on the entire fleet, some of which I know are decent folks. If your fleet is looking to preserve the integrity and health of the game perhaps you should consider relieving yourselves of the individual.

Furthermore, in dealings I've had and have witnessed, the individual in question has always presented his best benevolent approach while turning allies to enemies behind your back. It's no surprise to me of the level of the attempted ruse.

Do PvP a favor. Don't try to get involved on behalf of the greater community.

Thanks
Logan, I respect you as a good PVPer and as a person, but what you are saying is not true. Your personal feelings towards certain individuals from our fleet is clouding your judgement.

Also, all our actions were collectivly decided upon. As a fleet.

Our goal is and always will be to improve the state of PVP in this game, to better inter-fleet relations, to promote fair play and to act as role models for the PVP community. And the last days showed that we are not alone. The vast majority of the community is sharing our values and is expressing their support for us.

But we also have the feeling that other parties unfortunatly do not believe in these values. That some may be preaching similar values but are concerned only for their own benefit, the future of this game be damned.

We try to be better than that. With this thread Shimmer is expressing our values, who we are and what we stand for.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!

Last edited by ilhansk; 01-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Captain
# 13
01-15-2013, 07:13 PM
I dunno what this is all about but I hope its resolved and done with. But personally I still have some issues with certain TRH members.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I dunno what in the wide wide world of sports has been going on, but I do hope it's done and over with completely. I ain't a part of any of ya'lls fleets, so I really don't honestly care what happened, just that I hope it's over, everyone moves on, and it doesn't hurt PvP Bootcamp or any other PvP events.

Captain
# 15
01-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I think about half the Panda fleet got banned from your TS last time, is that reversed? Obviously if someone is acting out they need to be kicked, but if you guys want to become a major interfleet "PvP hub" like it sounds like you do it would be good to have a guarantee that you won't randomly ban people you don't agree with.

To put things in perspective, even Pax isn't banned on Panda Vent, despite the fact that he has recorded and posted conversations from our members without their consent. There's another question: can we trust you guys not to do that anymore?
I'm not too comfortable addressing much of this on here. However, since it does involve other players in a loose sense I'll give it a go.

"Half of the Panda fleet" is quite a gross exaggeration. The original bar list on the International PvP TS was very small, and represented a lone exception to the general rule. The problem was that a few of our members were deeply upset -- long prior to all of this -- with some of the players in question using our "open Teamspeak" policy. We couldn't ignore the feelings of some of our fleetmates and so the issue was put to a vote.

In the confusion, it appears some of the barrings were attempted; however when some of the players then wished to visit the TS to talk we had all of them lifted.

In many ways the Teamspeak is undergoing growing pains, and as human beings we're trying to balance the well-being of of our friends with the goals of the server.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 16
01-16-2013, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
Logan, I respect you as a good PVPer and as a person, but what you are saying is not true. Your personal feelings towards certain individuals from our fleet is clouding your judgement.

Also, all our actions were collectivly decided upon. As a fleet.

Our goal is and always will be to improve the state of PVP in this game, to better inter-fleet relations, to promote fair play and to act as role models for the PVP community. And the last days showed that we are not alone. The vast majority of the community is sharing our values and is expressing their support for us.

But we also have the feeling that other parties unfortunatly do not believe in these values. That some may be preaching similar values but are concerned only for their own benefit, the future of this game be damned.

We try to be better than that. With this thread Shimmer is expressing our values, who we are and what we stand for.
Hank, its not some from your fleet, its as Logan said 1 person. The issue is, its not a personal feeling from Logan, but a collective feeling that is rapidly developing from the rest of the community which in turn is having a major (I do stress major) negative impact to the image of your fleet.

I on a personal level have had no issues with trph as a whole, but that 1 minority (just like in real life) ruins it for you as a collective.

Accusing someone directly of sabotaging something without proof, behind their back, and then asking them not to take it personal when they are caught red handed and challenged about such behaviour (I'm confident the said person has recorded it as well but will not play it back for obvious reasons) isn't the actions to demonstrate the values which Shimerless wants to show us of you as a fleet.

Please don't take this as a threat but as a warning (To the unmentioned: Please do not twist this statement like in the past to suit your agenda):
If the said individual continues like this, I can see whole fleets just warping out in pvp matches and not participating in tournaments to avoid such behaviour and in turn ruining your STO PvP enjoyment as a fleet.
I personally don't wish or agree to this behaviour of any kind but there is a high probability this will occur.

Also, you can mention it to the said person that the recent youtube audio/video clip is working wonders for the image of the Pandas and he can make it viewable to all. I freely pass the link out myself. Also can you ask him to point out exactly at which minute and second the accusation occurred.

In closing, to keep with the spirit of this thread, I also want to apologise for any conceived wrong doings I personally may or may not have done and also apologise on behalf of the pandas for their part.

@naz1911

PvP for old and new

Last edited by naz4; 01-16-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Rihannsu
# 17
01-16-2013, 04:58 AM
As an outside observation. Don't let your fleet prides cloud you judgments. We've had similar things happen in the past.

NO fleet ever has and never will represent PvP in STO.

Take the attention you get from Mav on the forums, and from Branflakes talking to you and enjoy it. You represent your group of friends, and your fleet. Just like everyone else. PvP in sto is bigger then both combined.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 18
01-16-2013, 05:07 AM
I would like to keep the subject matter away from villainizing or singling out players. As a fleet we make decisions collectively, and we take collective responsibility for them too. The attention we received was very much unexpected, the structures we had in place for handling it were very much unprepared and I don't want to see any one person suffering because of the pressure.

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 19
01-16-2013, 05:30 AM
I would also like to strongly second one of Hank's statements. In recent times it's fast become my belief that the fleet has suffered in part because we strive hard to play clean games, to encourage others to do likewise and because we refuse to abuse the game any more than it's already been abused.

While we've on occasion been a little zealous in converting the playerbase to the clean and plain side of life, we've also long had the support of many in the community for our policies and the way we play the game. There are quarters who'd like to drag everyone down to the same level, and the mere existence of the fleet infuriates them. It's my belief that this is the reasoning that led to the original intense scrutiny, and in reaching out with a fig leaf to all PvP players I'm by no means excusing said behavior.

Captain
# 20
01-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post

While we've on occasion been a little zealous in converting the playerbase to the clean and plain side of life *snippty snipp*
A little zealous? At times I find "a little" to be an underexaggeration when it came to topics which were sensitive. Certain TRH members would use the forums and hang out fleets or certain members in disclosed form, and in orgpvp accussations would be thrown left and right.

Nonetheless i hope for the best, and hope TRH is improving to become even more outstanding players of the community.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Closed Thread