Ensign
# 1 Please critique Breen loadout
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm a science officer, but have been experimenting with the breen ship and found I enjoy the increased dps and survivability over science vessels (previously using Fleet Science Recon). Below is the loadout I'm considering. I'm still a pretty new player, so I'd appreciate advice on ability and weapon selection!

General approach:
Combine attack pattern beta (APB3) with disruptors and sensor scans to maximize damage resist debuffs. Use canon scatter volley and torpedo spread to dish out area damage. I added a beam array and beam overload to have another high power attack on a different cooldown than torpedos and canons. I think this will give me higher burst damage when necessary, and beams can help me help punch through shields on the approach. I like having both a HC and a DHC, because sometimes you just need a little extra damage to finish something off and don't want to wait for the DHC.

Tractor and tricobalt on the turnaround. General suite of self buffs to stay alive.

Things I wish I could have fit in:
No cannon rapid fire. I could drop tractor beam, move torpedo spread 2 to torpedo spread 1, and pick up rapid fire 1, but I like tractor beam... I could drop science team 1. If I slot doffs for TT1, I might not have recharge for it anyway, but it seems to make a difference in previous builds, having one extra shield repair.

I've heard that APB3 is pretty solid, so I'm bumping canon scatter volley and torpedo high yield down a slot to try it out. Consoles are boring. Not sure if Breen console is worth it. I also miss gravity well, but I have a hard time passing up HE3.

Also not really committed on the tricobalt torpedo. Maybe just put another quantum back there? When I finish techning romulan rep, I'm hoping to slot the plasma torpedo somewhere, but don't know if I should do front or back.

I also have read mixed feedback on having a rear beam array. I don't know if I will always be able to keep my fore to the enemy. It'd be nice to have a little more punch while turning and have a way to activate Beam Overload while retreating, but obviously it would cost me on the approach.

Any input would be appreciated!

Breen Chel Grett Warship

Tac Commander
4 attack pattern beta 3
3 canon scatter volley 2
2 torpedo spread 2
1 tactical team 1

Tac Lt
2 torpedo high yield 2
1 beam overload 1

Sci Lt Commander
3 hazard emitters 3
2 transfer shield strength 2
1 science team 1

Eng Lt
2 auxiliary to structural
1 emergency power to shields

Univ Ensign
1 tractor beam 1

Weapons

fore:
1x disruptor dhc
1x disruptor hc
1x disruptor dbb
1x quantum torp

aft:
1x kinetic cutting beam
2x disruptor turret
1x tricobalt torp

consoles:

Engineering:
2x Neutronium Alloy
1x Electroceramic

Science:
3x Emitter Array
1x Borg Assimilated Console

Tactical:
3x Disruptor Induction Coil
1x Breen Energy Dissipator
Lieutenant
# 2
01-15-2013, 03:39 PM
i put a sci toon in this ship as well (switching from the regular recon sci vessel actually) and i tried a somewhat different build.

3x polarized disruptor DHC 1x Quantum torp
3x Polarized disruptor turrets 1x KCB

ens uni: polarize hull
comm tac: TT1 CSV1 TS3 APB3
LT tac: TT1 CSV1
Lt eng: EptS1 EptS2
Lt comm sci: HE1 TSS2 GW1

grav well+scatter volley+ torp spread= suckitfest! lol great for stfs, especially when its a pug and i have to save the optional.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
01-15-2013, 03:53 PM
I have a tac-toon, but there's no reason why a sci-captain can't use it:

Ship Gear: Full Borg Space Set
-Weapons-
Fore = 2 Plasma DHC's + 1 Romulan Experimental Beam Array + 1 Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo Launcher
Aft = 3 Plasma Turrets + 1 Kinetic Cutting Beam
Devices = Red Matter Capacitor, Subspace Field Modulator
Consoles: Tachyokinetic Converter, Rule 62 Multipurpose Combat Console, Borg Assimilated Universal Module, Field Generator, Breen Power Dissipator OR Romulan Science Console, Plasma Infuser x4

BOFFS:
Ensign Univ: EPtS1
Commander Tac: TT1, CSV1, HYT3, AP-Beta3
Lt.Tac: TT1, CSV1
Lt.Eng: EPtS1, Aux2SIF1
Lt.CmdrSci: HE1, ST1, GW1

DOFSS: 3 Attack Pattern Conn-doffs, 2 Projectile Weapon Officers

This build went with plasma because it is the highest PVE damage dealing energy type at this time due to all the new Romulan Science consoles. I do plan on upgrading all standard Mk XII plasma weapons into Romulan plasma versions to get the disruptor breach proc later tonight. Its consistent 1st-place finishes in fleet actions is a testament to this build's raw DPS output.
Ensign
# 4
01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the response!

I see you guys both went with HE1 instead of HE3. I really like the idea of GW + CSV + TS. Do you find HE1 + Aux2SIF1 is enough hull healing?

Also, neither of you have CRF, which makes me feel a little better.

How many skills do you guys put towards making GW1 do its job? Similarly, did you skill up Attack Patterns?
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duneytron2000 View Post
Thanks for the response!

I see you guys both went with HE1 instead of HE3. I really like the idea of GW + CSV + TS. Do you find HE1 + Aux2SIF1 is enough hull healing?
Yes, HE1 + Aux2SIF works well enough to maintain hull points in all but the heaviest incoming weapon fire (like invisible ESTF torp 1-shots).

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneytron2000 View Post
Also, neither of you have CRF, which makes me feel a little better.

How many skills do you guys put towards making GW1 do its job? Similarly, did you skill up Attack Patterns?
I spec'd zero points into Particle Generators since my toon is a Tac. However, Gravity Well's job is to pull crowds together for CSV and torp spread or high yield volleys, so its kinetic DPS is a nice secondary bonus.

My Tactical's attack patterns skill is maxed at +9. With 3 AP Conn Doff's present, my AP-Beta3 has a 10 second duration and 15 second cooldown, thereby giving it a 66% sustained uptime. It drops target resists by 51%, effectively doubling damage output. CSV + AP-Beta3 affects up to 3 targets simultaneously, thereby helping out any team members also firing at any of those 3 targets.
Lieutenant
# 6
01-15-2013, 06:09 PM
i did 6 points in each grav gens and particle gens, more than enough to make my grav wells monsters ^^