Captain
# 11
01-15-2013, 08:00 PM
The Hirogen Battleship used Jam Sensors. So it appears to turn invisible for a number of seconds.
Career Officer
# 12
01-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
The Hirogen Battleship used Jam Sensors. So it appears to turn invisible for a number of seconds.
This is a different issue. The Hirogen battleship is despawning and counting as defeated before it's even engaged. I thought at first it was because of jam sensors, but in fact the glow on the ship looks a lot more like a holographic ship, so I think that theory is correct. Jam sensors doesn't really have an animation, the ship just disappears, and it is target specific, so it can't be used until combat is engaged. We're not even managing to get in combat with the ship most of the time and the objective to defeat it is completing automatically.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Rihannsu
# 13
01-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Jam sensors creates a particle effect around the ship it was used ON. But it shouldn't cause the ship to register as killed either way.

Hunh... I like the holographic theory. It wouldn't be the first time. But, when do the Hirogen use holographic ships? I know they use holoemitters in ground but ships? I don't remember seeing one. Maybe that's what is supposed to spawn instead? A Hirogen ship that uses Photonic Fleet?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
01-16-2013, 02:32 PM
There is a fix for this on the way, but I don't know when it will be live.
Rihannsu
# 15
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Just noticed it with KDF ships and tholians. just disappearing on me. Hope the fix will be soon.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 16
02-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Count me among those who have been experiencing this problem with the Hirogen Battleship group in published Foundry missions. Like the rest of you, I can see the ship spawning as a hologram before then vanishing into thin air. The mission tracker immediately updates the objectives by counting a kill. This makes the dramatic final space battle in my Foundry mission rather less dramatic. This occurs only once published, not in preview.

Fingers crossed on the fix!

Last edited by dixonium; 02-07-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 17
02-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Just noticed it with KDF ships and tholians. just disappearing on me. Hope the fix will be soon.
Is this in a published mission or in preview? If it's in preview then it's part of a larger known issue that we're working on. If it's happening in a published mission, that's something new I'll have to track down.
Rihannsu
# 18
02-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Is this in a published mission or in preview? If it's in preview then it's part of a larger known issue that we're working on. If it's happening in a published mission, that's something new I'll have to track down.
It was in preview. Published looked good.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 19
02-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I saw a Hirogen Battleship (just the battleship) despawn on one of the Tau Dewa patrol missions. It was part of one of the waves, and out of weapons range. It disappeared but the other ships of its wave remained.

This might explain why some of my re-skinned hirogen ships in 'Conjoined' had a hologram flicker. But I don't recall how long ago that was and haven't taken a look lately.

Last edited by denizenvi; 02-08-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 20
02-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
It was in preview. Published looked good.
Thanks for that, I was worried that I was going to have to crawl into the Jeffries Tubes to hunt up a new bug.