Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,845
# 91
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Well, I guess it just sucks for me that you are in charge. Oh, wait, you're not...

.
Still not going to happen...it will just open up the flood gate, and cryptic is not going to do it...so yeah

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party

Last edited by neoakiraii; 01-15-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 92
01-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Still not going to happen...it will just open up the flood gate, and cryptic is not going to do it...so yeah
The flood gate to.. what exactly?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,845
# 93
01-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
The flood gate to.. what exactly?
Once the Gorn are made Fed playable, then comes the other species to be playable for both side....then comes the well since everything is now useable lets just get Federation ships on the KDF side and KDF ships on the FED side....then riots break out on the forums, Brandon is overworked, the dev's are loosing their minds...dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria

but all joking aside, Cryptic could have easily made the Caitains for the KDF, but instead just made another species....so if you want get Cryptic to make big lizards or inject the Saurian with steroids.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,104
# 94
01-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Once the Gorn are made Fed playable, then comes the other species to be playable for both side....then comes the well since everything is now useable lets just get Federation ships on the KDF side and KDF ships on the FED side....then riots break out on the forums, Brandon is overworked, the dev's are loosing their minds...dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria

but all joking aside, Cryptic could have easily made the Caitains for the KDF, but instead just made another species....so if you want get Cryptic to make big lizards or inject the Saurian with steroids.
I see no reason we couldn't have these guys.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 95
01-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank900 View Post
There is also a Playable Klingon for the FED side also.

Just Saying
There's a Federation Klingon as a bridge officer in TNG, and a Klingon-human hybrid in Voyager.

Show me a canon example of Gorn serving the Federation and your argument has merit.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 96
01-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
That would be fine, roach, if anything I said could be interpreted in that way by a reasonable person. It can't is the thing. I am done responding to you since you cannot be civil or honest.

I will, however, congratulate you on finding a good, solid tactic to get what you want: create rancor in the thread discussing a topic to get anyone reading it to dismiss the idea based not on its own merits but simply by making them want to avoid the trouble some are so willing to generate. Sadly, this method is tried and true.
Dishonest how?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
As far as playing him for the fun of it: NO. I hate the KDF ships, the faction's background and attitudes, and most of all I don't care for most of the folk playing on the KDF side for reasons which should be made clear by a quick perusal of their posts in this thread.
I merely think this is a silly and selfish reason to want something and am oppossed to Gorn being copied from the KDF becuase you hate the KDF in the game, its players, the faction, the ships and the attitudes we display when another fed wants what we have but is only driven by thier own emotions.

I'll fight that sort of silliness until my dying day.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,845
# 97
01-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I see no reason we couldn't have these guys.
Neither do I, although Cryptic can update them like this minus the fire of course.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,483
# 98
01-15-2013, 06:00 PM
The Gorn were always allied with the Federation.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 99
01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
The Gorn were always allied with the Federation.
Wut? Since when?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 100
01-15-2013, 09:59 PM
In "The Way of the Warrior" it is mentioned that the Gorn ceded the Cestus system to the Federation in reparation for the attack on Cestus III after talks which stopped the two powers from going to war. Since "Arena" (which was their only appearance up until the Enterprise mirror universe "A Mirror Darkly part 2" episode) showed the Gorn as being technological equals to the Federation (which the Romulans and Klingons were not) it can be assumed the relationship was at least amiable as there was never again a hostile incident between them.

These facts also show us that the Gorn, while fanatical about protecting their territory, were never an expansionist culture. The KDF is ultra-expansionist and has stripped the Gorn of ALL their territory. I know which side I would be more inclined to serve with were I a Gorn.

Last edited by ajstoner; 01-15-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:08 PM.