Commander
# 51
01-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
As stated before there is no real bug, its working fine.
Well, the "working as intended" DEV team is saying that the accuracy on BFAW is bugged so it seems you are wrong.

To explain it to you in steps:

1) BFAW -> too accurate
2) Fix
3) BFAW -> not enough accurate

We are missing 2 steps here:

4) Fix
5) BFAW accurate as was intended

Got it?
Captain
# 52
01-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxfire View Post
I already know this and it's not issue to me, simply use crthxxxx weapons, not problem to me, they wont fix it, why would faw have higher accuracy since its not actually aiming at nothing? They dont have time to aim. they just randomly shoot.
I'd think that somewhat of a fallacy to say there's no aiming taking place.

All objects are being tracked - thus - all objects are being aimed at by the ship's computer. It's not like a person walking into a room with a rough guess of where everything is...the computer has everything marked, tracked, aimed at...

Although the target selection is random, that's not the same as saying the attacks are not aimed.

It's not like a CSV which is a cone attack - a scatter shot - not aimed, but rather directed. A FAW's aimed - it's accuracy should be no different than any other aimed beam attack.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-16-2013, 06:13 AM
-A Dev confirms the ability is NOT working as intended.

-People still claim it is

.The Spanish Inquisition.
TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube)
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
Career Officer
# 54
01-16-2013, 06:28 AM
so let me get this right.

A cruiser using 2 copies of BFAW, with only [CrtH] (so no [acc]), captain invested 0 points into targetting systems.....

has the same hit chance, but does more dmg due to crits than

.... a cruiser using 2 copies of BFAW, with [acc]x3 and 99 points in targetting systems

???

Edit: thanks for everyone's feedback on this issue. The system's team has posted to let you know the status and has read your feedback. Before more forum violations occur, we're going to let this thread RIP. thanks! -Brandon

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 01-16-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Closed Thread