Lt. Commander
# 1 Question: Romulan Set Bonus
01-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know more about the set bonus for the set bonus from the Romulan Rep System? Im talking about the one with the romulan torp/zero point energy conduit.

I am looking at the 2 piece bonus and it says +7.6% plasma damage.... is this plasma energy weapon damage or projectile or both? Not very specific.

Everytime i put it on my ship im not really sure what im boosting exactly, I have plasma energy weapons and plasma torps on my ship so it would be nice to know what its actually doing.

INQUISITOR CRUSHER
Director of Marketing
ELITE FORCES COMMAND
Captain
# 2
01-15-2013, 06:35 PM
I believe it affects the plasma burn from the plasma torpedo, plasma burn from the plasma energy weapons, and the direct damage from the plasma energy weapons. So basically any damage that is listed as plasma damage.
Commander
# 3
01-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Yeah, all torpedoes actually do Kinetic damage, contrary to their names and the restrictions on torpedo consoles. However the plasma torpedoes do Plasma energy damage from their plasma fire proc which the 2-piece bonus does seem to effect, though I'm not sure if tactical consoles do?

It definitely boosts your plasma energy weapons though, just sit in any friendly system such as Sol or New Romulus and swap some of the pieces of the set out to see for yourself. It's not as big a bonus as a tactical console, but then 7.6% is what you gain by swapping four Rare tactical consoles for Very Rares, so it's not too shabby either! The boost to electro plasma systems is also a nice bonus as well, especially if you're in the habit of switching from offensive to defensive power levels during combat.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaldra View Post
Does anyone know more about the set bonus for the set bonus from the Romulan Rep System? Im talking about the one with the romulan torp/zero point energy conduit.

I am looking at the 2 piece bonus and it says +7.6% plasma damage.... is this plasma energy weapon damage or projectile or both? Not very specific.

Everytime i put it on my ship im not really sure what im boosting exactly, I have plasma energy weapons and plasma torps on my ship so it would be nice to know what its actually doing.
Yes, its all plasma energy weapon damage and plasma burn damage, not torpedo's. I use 6x Fleet Plasma Beam Array's, experimental array and rommy rep torpedo with 2x MK XII embassy consoles for plasma dmg, and 4x mk xii plasma infuser tac consoles, the dmg done by the set bonus burn and the added bonus of the energy harness set is crazy good imo.