Career Officer
# 1 Special Missions
01-15-2013, 10:24 AM
After reading that the DEVs are working on getting our BOFFs (I HOPE) to fly our ships in dock (the ones we are not using) to help with missions. id like to see a player go into the Admirals office on ESD, or the security officer in the first city, to get a special mission that we can assign our BOFFs to a ship of our choice and they can help with a mission. And it would be nice to see a mission where when Cryptic is giving away a free ship (Season 8), the mission can be us finding it, repair and get it fixed and then capture it for our own fleet. Just an idea.
Captain
# 2
01-15-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hank900 View Post
After reading that the DEVs are working on getting our BOFFs (I HOPE) to fly our ships in dock (the ones we are not using) to help with missions. id like to see a player go into the Admirals office on ESD, or the security officer in the first city, to get a special mission that we can assign our BOFFs to a ship of our choice and they can help with a mission. And it would be nice to see a mission where when Cryptic is giving away a free ship (Season 8), the mission can be us finding it, repair and get it fixed and then capture it for our own fleet. Just an idea.

Reminds me of a thought I had when the Ody test mission was going on.

How sweet would it ahve been if when you came under attack your own ship warps in with your XO sending a "We've got your back sir" over comms and opening up on the attacking vessel?
Commander
# 3
01-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
Reminds me of a thought I had when the Ody test mission was going on.

How sweet would it ahve been if when you came under attack your own ship warps in with your XO sending a "We've got your back sir" over comms and opening up on the attacking vessel?
That would have been excellent. As it is, they have started to implement something like that in Tau DEwa system patrols, with the Enterprise and Bortasqu.
Commander
# 4
01-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Would be great to see; fleet support is currently a bit of a disappointment seeing as how you need to be on the brink of death to request reinforcements, and nine times out of ten it'll be a crappy little frigate that manages to die before you do in an impressive display of incompetence
Rihannsu
# 5
01-16-2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haravikk View Post
Would be great to see; fleet support is currently a bit of a disappointment seeing as how you need to be on the brink of death to request reinforcements, and nine times out of ten it'll be a crappy little frigate that manages to die before you do in an impressive display of incompetence
Fleet Support is a total failure because:
1. You need to be low on health to use it + it takes a while to work + the ship doesn't come if you die first = the ship usually doesn't come at all.
2. It has a 15 minute recharge, but the ship it summons disappears in something like 30 seconds (I've found the ships actually survive pretty well, though only because they do so little damage they can't draw aggro away from players).

To be useful, Fleet Support should:
1. Be available regardless of player health.
2. Spawn the ship even if the player who called it dies before the support arrives.
3. Have the support ship stay and follow the player until killed, like carrier pets, instead of fading into oblivion.
Commander
# 6
01-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
Fleet Support is a total failure because:
1. You need to be low on health to use it + it takes a while to work + the ship doesn't come if you die first = the ship usually doesn't come at all.
2. It has a 15 minute recharge, but the ship it summons disappears in something like 30 seconds (I've found the ships actually survive pretty well, though only because they do so little damage they can't draw aggro away from players).

To be useful, Fleet Support should:
1. Be available regardless of player health.
2. Spawn the ship even if the player who called it dies before the support arrives.
3. Have the support ship stay and follow the player until killed, like carrier pets, instead of fading into oblivion.
On your useful points...

1. Fleet support should only be available at lower health, otherwise people would basically have a free pet ability.
2. If the ship becomes a pet, then no. If it remains a temporary ally, then yes, although it should spawn faster and immediately activate some aggro pulling ability.
3. Kinda defeats the point of summoning ships to help you when you are in trouble.
Career Officer
# 7
01-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I like the Idea of your XO warping in to help you out, to add to that, if you were on a special mission where you granted him the use of a ship and you split up, then got into a fight and here he or she comes, that would be cool.

And yes, I agree they have started to do that with the Enterprise and help on the KDF side warps in to help, a good start.
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Fleet support....The Enterprise was always the only ship in range....and any ship that did send a distress call by the time the Enterprise got to it they were dead.

I'm just happy someone comes to my aid in this Galaxy.