Lt. Commander
# 11
01-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Does time spend on cryptic maps count?

I played a mission that involved talking to 3 Ferengi in Drozana.

If this time does count, then you could make cryptic-map-missions that just idle to collect 10,20,30 hours of play time, while idling on the map and doing DOFFs or auctions.

If this time does not count, then missions on cryptic maps are punished.
Career Officer
# 12
01-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
This is under investigation.
I don't know if this is above your paygrade but do you know if author play times count when determining average time? If so I can at least get rid of the red text by playing my mission over and over again...

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Empire Veteran
# 13
01-18-2013, 01:21 AM
Hoping that my - "A Crucible of Battle War Series" qualifies soon
Lieutenant
# 14
01-19-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
I don't know if this is above your paygrade but do you know if author play times count when determining average time? If so I can at least get rid of the red text by playing my mission over and over again...
And another question that should be done is that if you calculate the missions playing in elite mode, is not the same and the duration thereof. I always play in such elite fighting and last longer. Like my missions, I calculate the time it takes to see how elite, I have to calculate the length of time it takes is not correct, it should be for the amount of interaction and fulfill goals. It is assumed that you have put in foundry lately counting items and objects that you put on the map should be used to determine if a mission just to get resources or a mission is actually playable.

A greeting.

Pardon the language, but English is not my native language and use a translator.
Captain
# 15
01-19-2013, 10:53 AM
I also have 2 missions that I am sure people are not doing in less than half an hour but still don't qualify.

Quote:
I am fairly certain from my experiments that they do not.
Lieutenant
# 16
02-02-2013, 02:40 AM
Good.

Again I remind the devs that this still does not work properly, I know some of the ones by Cryptic have solved it, remember not only the 10 artists who write in your forum and twitter are what create assignments and creators are not only in English.

A greeting.
Rihannsu
# 17
02-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Greetings! Could you provide any insight into why my mission is still red-flagged? I'm a first-time author, so I may have messed something up, but I'm pretty sure I fulfilled all the requirements.

Name: The Tangled Webs We Weave
Author: @ashtaku
Foundry ID: ST-HH4IN2WUC
Mission Length: 30-45 minutes
Number of Maps: 7
Enemy space groups to defeat: 5
Enemy ground groups to defeat: 2-6 (depending on choices)
Reviews: 24 as of 5:41 PM EST 28FEB
Rihannsu
# 18
02-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Hi crypticfrost

One thing I've noticed is that some of these have their average time listed as any-20 minutes. Playing them definitely shows that they are not that short.

I'm suspecting an issue with how the average time is calculated.
On further investigation, my mission is showing this symptom as well. I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to complete my mission in 20 minutes, much less fewer than 15.

That's less than 3 minutes per map.
Career Officer
# 19
02-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
On further investigation, my mission is showing this symptom as well. I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) to complete my mission in 20 minutes, much less fewer than 15.

That's less than 3 minutes per map.
Mines at 71 reviews now and is still red texted!

Did you play it on your own a lot while testing? This includes stuff like finishing the first map, publishing and then playing through it quickly completing all the objectives.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Rihannsu
# 20
02-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Mines at 71 reviews now and is still red texted!

Did you play it on your own a lot while testing? This includes stuff like finishing the first map, publishing and then playing through it quickly completing all the objectives.
Zorbane:

I played it extensively, but only while it was unpublished. When I test published it (for group combat tests and so forth) I always cloned it and published the clone instead to avoid contaminating the "gold copy."