Captain
# 61
01-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Definitely not; there is so much coming this year I can't even begin to tell you (no, literally, I can't tell you yet lol). But, we've always run sales and promotions during the end of the year in the autumn and winter months. 2012 was no different.

All of these projects have been designed, developed, completed and scheduled for quite a while now -- if I'm not mistaken, all the Starbase and Embassy projects are ready and we are going to be releasing them every couple weeks (so, going forward, subject to change, one Starbase and one Embassy project per month). This allows fleets more time to complete them, if they would even like to in the first place. They are not mandatory, are (for the most part) purely aesthetic, and available for the fleets that choose/ want to slot and complete the projects. Like the most recent project rerun, which ends on Thursday, I'm fairly certain we will hold another one in the future so new fleets have a chance to complete them, and so existing fleets that chose not to complete them on their first run have another chance.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
How about a project which prevents the Fleet Starbase instance from closing after you leave it? Even in the largest fleets, the starbases are mostly deserted. What good is such a fancy social hub, if the game kicks you to your last known location before entering the fleet system after relogging???
- Masterlist: Wrong contact backgrounds in STO -

STOWiki admin.
Career Officer
# 62
01-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Massively overpriced NPC available for your empty starbase, get it now.

Oh Come on guys, this is an epic fail. So far SRS has run every project, I wanted my fleet to have everything but this is just taking the piss. LOL

On the plus side the KDF one looks pretty cool, will go for that.

You must add in functionality AND if you want people to spend more time in their starbase add the freaking exchange for Gawd's sake.

All the best
Matt

Join Us www.srs-fleet.net
Your Ramming Speed III deals 297019 (421248) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Lusankya
Lieutenant
# 63
01-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Fed- no
KDF - no

Son, I am disappoint.

GrumpyCat_NO.jpg
Captain
# 64
01-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Since this is such a sad little project that I can't even work up a proper rage , so this just get's a thumbs down .
I am losing STO with each new system based update and with each removal and editing of content .
I don't know how to save her from her systems obsessed masters who seek to control and monetize me more and more .

Empire Veteran
# 65
01-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Vote with your wallet or your dilithium
Captain
# 66
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Can we please have less of the "it does nothing but look nice" (which they mostly are), and a few more useful/functional special projects (like the Bloodwine fountain and... um... is that the only one, actually???)?

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 67
01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Branflakes, can you comment on what happens to those still with the Winter event special project queued?
My fleet is not going to be able to complete the project (due to lack of beads and bells) and will be stuck with the project half finished.
Is there a way we'll be able to remove it as an active project to queue up this new one?
I seem to remember borticus saying we won't get stuck with this winter project somehow.
I do remember them saying that they would implement a way to finish the project if it wasn't completed in time.

Also, if you have the EC, you can purchase the beads/bells you need on the Exchange. (All - select uncommon - search 'bells' or 'beads'). Last I saw there were hundreds up.

I've always wanted a cancel button for projects as well, but now that I'm thinking about it...we might only get one if the project is unfunded. Once it's funded, it'd probably be pretty tough to figure out refunds to multiple contributors if a project was cancelled. If they didn't refund, leaders/people with access could easily grief or make mistakes and cancel something that took a lot of resources. The uproar would be enormous.
Super Moderator
# 68
01-16-2013, 12:20 PM
I'll throw in my vote for "more functional", "less cosmetic".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
01-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensutra View Post
Also, if you have the EC, you can purchase the beads/bells you need on the Exchange. (All - select uncommon - search 'bells' or 'beads'). Last I saw there were hundreds up.I
Actually, that's if you have MILLIONS of EC - players have "gone Ferengi" and are asking A LOT for even a single one. Last time I checked, you could by a "pack" of 48 for, say, 25 million EC...and I know most folks need a great deal more than that. If this has changed recently, it has been very recently - like in the last 24 hours. Anyone got any recent "intel" on this?

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Captain
# 70
01-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'll throw in my vote for "more functional", "less cosmetic".
I popped in to this thread to say exactly "This ^^"... Kudos to you Bluegeek. You took the words right out of my mouth! (or, fingers in this case )