Starfleet Veteran
# 721 Not my loss, Cryptic.
01-13-2013, 02:00 AM
OMG it hit on my cmp. Abandon ship, run for your lives! Might be time to take a break and see if it fixes it self. Luckily i have other games that work perfectly. My zen points to xbox! BUJAAAH!!!!

Why does it open my explorer when trying to open launcher?
res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm

Last edited by curedmen; 01-13-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 722
01-16-2013, 02:59 PM
So I just got off the phone with my ISP.

She told me my relatively (2-3 weeks) new modem is off spec on one area and that might be causing the error?

I can easily play SWTOR, which I will be doing and not spending any money on STO or Champions this week.

So basically Cryptic's systems are just too picky or you have some other nefarious junk running that needs something other games don't?

Pretty suspicious.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lieutenant
# 723
01-16-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curedmen View Post
Why does it open my explorer when trying to open launcher?
res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm
This will NOT simply fix itself. That being said, there are two reasons why this happens and they are:

1. Magistr - Which I highly doubt as that's an ancient virus (in terms of computers)

or

2. Bad .DLL files

Now, what's a .dll file? Simple; you can view a .dll as a highway sign of sorts. You click on say, your IE icon and IE opens up if you have solid .dll's or if you have corrupt .dll's it may open up another program or it may do nothing or merely throw you an error.

That's wonderful, now how do I fix it?

Well, you can do one of two things:

1. Run Winblows restore and attempt a restore from a previously working version (I do not suggest this as I frankly have never trusted the Win Restore utility. Read up on Microshaft's KB database for more information regarding the restore util and actually find out why I don't like it or just run with it.

or

2. Format - That's right, a nuke and pave.

Sadly, these are really and honestly the only two things that can sort this out. I'll wager you haven't performed maintenance on your system in a very long time or you've recently had a virus or some other malicious software that's corrupted your system. Regardless of HOW this happened, know now that you must do something before the corruption spreads. I'm sorry to say that once a computer's software is corrupted its only a matter of time before it spreads (like a cancer) and begins to affect other systems.

Wow, I just sounded like an engineer... hmmm... Anywho, that's about the size of it and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, although I do wish you the best and hope that I'm wrong.

Been playing since launch.
Lieutenant
# 724
01-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
So I just got off the phone with my ISP.

She told me my relatively (2-3 weeks) new modem is off spec on one area and that might be causing the error?

I can easily play SWTOR, which I will be doing and not spending any money on STO or Champions this week.

So basically Cryptic's systems are just too picky or you have some other nefarious junk running that needs something other games don't?

Pretty suspicious.
Before you throw in the towel, try uninstalling Pando Media and then relaunch to test. This has fixed issues very similar to this in the past and I hope that if you do that, it'll work for you.

Good hunting!

Starfleet Veteran
# 725
01-16-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't have Pando Media installed unless it is masquerading as some other file?

The ISP Tech support was pretty sure it was the modem problem.

I will report back when I get my new one.

Otherwise I will simply get rid of STO and Champions.

Working as intended?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Lieutenant
# 726
01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
I don't have Pando Media installed unless it is masquerading as some other file?

The ISP Tech support was pretty sure it was the modem problem.

I will report back when I get my new one.

Otherwise I will simply get rid of STO and Champions.

Working as intended?
Have you attempted to directly connect your computer to the modem forgoing the router? Sometimes misconfiguration can cause issues such as this which emanate from the manufacturer. So no, I'm not saying it's "your fault" not at all.

Starfleet Veteran
# 727
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
No router, direct modem connection.

It is working today!!!

So is "startrekonline.com" which the launcher uses.

They should update the launcher to use "http://sto.perfectworld.com/" instead.

This willl fix everyone's launcher issues.
Lieutenant
# 728
01-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
No router, direct modem connection.

It is working today!!!

So is "startrekonline.com" which the launcher uses.

They should update the launcher to use "http://sto.perfectworld.com/" instead.

This willl fix everyone's launcher issues.
I totally agree! But I am glad this seemed to work itself out. I hope to see you in game

Kira@opaserv

Starfleet Veteran
# 729
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks All!
Ensign
# 730
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
i logged on this morning to find that i could not log onto sto and it says can't connect to patch server. i tried unistalling it through steam and installing it with the direct download launcher and that didnt work. please help.