Republic Veteran
# 1 Proposal: Pay to refine
01-16-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks to relentless grinding, fantastic luck getting contraband-drops and other factors I now have 45,000 dilth backed up ready to refine. I could unleash several projects at once if I had access to this, instead I have to drip-feed them 8K at a time.

8K isn't enough to triggers some rep projects... So I have to wait days to run projects that complete in 120 seconds.

My proposal is this: A microtransaction-based one-shot "refine everything deal." For $5 worth of Zen get instant access to all your dilth. To prevent abuse, run it on a 7-day cooldown and limit ONE transaction token per account during that 7-day cooldown.

This is a situation where I am asking Cryptic to LET ME GIVE YOU REAL CASH MONEY in trade for an in-game service.

Can we get a dev to weigh in on this idea?
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Republic Veteran
# 2
01-16-2013, 04:12 PM
Or you could use those five bucks to turn Zen into Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Or you could use those five bucks to turn Zen into Dilithium.
In case it had escaped your notice, Zen isn't worth very much on the dilithium exchange.

I support the OP's idea. Cryptic gets money, and I get extra dilithium without having to sell my stockpile of Zen for inanely low prices.
Republic Veteran
# 4
01-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Millions of on unrefined Dil thanks to the recent changes to the game, and patience, now if I spent 5 bucks to get all that how is Cryptic benefiting from me, when I wont ever need to use the exchange anymore, and I can just flood the exchange now and get a payload of Zen.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 01-16-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Millions of on unrefined Dil thanks to the recent changes to the game, and patience, now if I spent 5 bucks to get all that how is Cryptic benefiting from me, when I wont ever need to use the exchange anymore, and I can just flood the exchange now and get a payload of Zen.
Flooding the exchange one way or another won't benefit anyone. It made sense to buy ZEN and convert it back when I could get 110 or more dilth per zen, not so much now.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-16-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Flooding the exchange one way or another won't benefit anyone. It made sense to buy ZEN and convert it back when I could get 110 or more dilth per zen, not so much now.
I can't see Cryptic making a system that can bypass the exchange, by letting players refine everything for a set price. Someone with 45k and someone with 2mill Dil both for 5 bucks, I can't see them doing that

What I can see is them letting you refine a certain amount for a certain price, but what would determine that price would be another exchange.
Ensign
# 7
01-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Or you could spend 5 bucks on character slots and more than double your refinement/day.
Commander
# 8
01-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Thanks to relentless grinding, fantastic luck getting contraband-drops and other factors I now have 45,000 dilth backed up ready to refine.
That's a five-day holiday you've amassed right there; just pop on STO long enough to hit refine and you do any other daily stuff you need to get done, thus eliminating the need to grind for those five days.

Or alternatively, it just means you can do a little less each day since you've got enough spare Dilithium to cover any shortfall in the 8,000 a day cap; this leaves you free to do other stuff that doesn't earn Dilithium like diplomatic investigations.

I know it doesn't open a ton of options, but anything lets people burn through Dilithium too much faster only devalues it, and the items you can buy with it.
Captain
# 9
01-17-2013, 06:44 AM
That refine cap is a stupid grind bottleneck anyway. It needs to be removed. Hamstringing your players' resource processing is not a substitute for long-term content.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Perhaps they should add a consumable boost, like one of those Fleet Credit boosts. Use a Dilithium Refinement Boost, and you get to refine so much extra Dilithium until you use up the boost.