Lt. Commander
# 1 BOffs better than You...why?
01-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Why can BOffs get Superior passives and players can only get basic?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Not sure why this was moved...as it is more of a discussion about the player characters and not exactly focused on BOffs...

It's like you just read "BOffs" in the title and moved it.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Um.... because Boffs are generally lacking in awesomness otherwise? Also you don't get basic versions. You get the normal ones. "Basic" traits are a weak version the same way "Superior" traits are improved.

Honestly, it doesn't make a lot of difference. SOME, but not a lot.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Captain
# 4
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
The better question to ask would be, "Why do the mobs ignore my redshirt meat shields and come for my captain directly?"
# 5
01-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Why do your BOffs have access to superior traits? Because you have your kit. And a brain. And can actually think for yourself.

Any other questions?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 6
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
It would make more sense to me if we began with basic versions of our passive traits, then as we leveled up they advanced to standard quality- at, say, level 20- then finally an upgrade to Superior quality traits at level 40.

But that kind of reworking of the trait system just isn't likely to happen.
Captain
# 7
01-16-2013, 05:08 PM
That is assuming that traits can be trained. Traits like Dumb Luck and Cold Blooded can't be trained while Mental Discipline, Teamwork, Logical, and Leadership can be trained.