Career Officer
# 131
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
As a compromise...

Considering that the name of this class of ship inspires the thought of a Diplomatic Emissary...

Perhaps it was felt during it's (in-universe) design process, that having the photon torpedo launchers so obviously seen, could be a detriment to it's mission goals.

Therefore, the designers hid them away behind a movable panel.

It wouldn't be the first time this thought process could have been used, as according to the actual production designer of the NX-Enterprise (Doug Drexler), this was purposely built into his design of that particular ship.

Form follows Function.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.95 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-16-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 132 Ambassador-class!!!!
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Finally!! One of my favorite TNG ships ever! So this will be the 3rd Anniversary gift? Better late than never! I've wanted this since the game launched! I like it far more than the Galaxy-class; the Ambassador-class ranks at the top of my top 4 TNG ships The Kamarag-class also looks quite good! Double-Win!!

Better grind my weakest chars to make the Lv requirment to participate in the Anniversary Events...
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Lt. Commander
# 133
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
So hey when are we getting a T"7" Connie??

75k hull
5/5 weapons
5 eng
5 Sci
5 Tac
2.0 shield mod
enchanced battle clock
30+ power to all systems
150 hard cap for power

Just want to cover all the bases.
I like your moxie!! I myself have been giving some serious thought to how the lower-tier ships can be better levelled-up than merely loading it out with endgame-level gear. Though i'd have to be at least an employee of Cryptic, or better yet an owner/shareholder, to implement it...
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."
Closed Thread