Lt. Commander
# 11
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks rekhan dude !!
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Enjoyed the artical thanks. Engineering skill nice to get a run down on some skills
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Very nice good read
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-08-2009, 06:48 PM
old news but I did like the humor and tone of the writer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
This is definitely one of the stronger preview articles that has been released over the past few weeks in my opinion, and not just because of its length. Thanks for linking to a great read!
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phelun View Post
Although a lot of this article is the same info we've seen a dozen times already there is some new stuff too.

One bit I noticed, he didnt seem to have a helm officer. Do we get one later, on bigger ships or do we, the captains fly the ships all the way through? I'd like to see us get a helm officer to provide some extra manuvers, attack patterns, sudden turns, short warp jumps or something.
Well not sure about a helm officer though I remember reading that they mentioned there were different attack patterns. I think they mentioned alpha, beta and omega which did different types of attacks. Can't remember whch article said it though.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Wesley Yin-Poole of VideoGamer.com made it out to GamesCom to talk to us about Star Trek Online. Give his impressions a read here.

Link to the news article.
Wow, a well-written preview.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Now, finally, we're inside the anomaly, we're through the black hole, and STO is laid bare for all to see.
Sweet! Guess it's a hint at the exploration talk to come.

Quote:
Players can have a maximum of 12 items in their tray at once: three per weapon, up to four career powers, up to four kit powers, and CPR, the universal resurrection power. With 12 slots for powers, grossly individual play styles should be achievable. That you're able to swap kits and weapons when on the ground, too, ensures the possibility of even more varied loadouts.
Very interesting!

Quote:
While you're able to play as many of the species you know and love from the Star Trek universe, you're also able to use the Alien Creator to create your own race, add racial powers, like super intelligence or super jumping, then add them to the Star Trek universe.
Super Jumping?

I know jumping is in, and I'm happy. But I'm curious what use would super jumping could be used for?

Quote:
Bar that, it's warp 9.9, or whatever the maximum warp is in 2409.
I really would like a variable Warp Speed, with Warp 9+ Travel for emergencies. And traveling at Warp 9.9 for a time should be limited, for instance you overheating your warp engine or damage to your hull for pushing your SIF to the limit.

You know, keeping true to the MMO "Risk vs Reward".
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomeguy View Post
Well not sure about a helm officer though I remember reading that they mentioned there were different attack patterns. I think they mentioned alpha, beta and omega which did different types of attacks. Can't remember whch article said it though.
Omega affects tractor beams (and they ability to lock onto you), Delta is a defensive pattern that buffs another ship (iirc). I can't remember the exact article either, but those are the 2 I do remember.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Omega affects tractor beams (and they ability to lock onto you), Delta is a defensive pattern that buffs another ship (iirc). I can't remember the exact article either, but those are the 2 I do remember.
Yaaa I'm not going insane lol. But yes you're memory is a lot better than mine it seems as those do sound familiar.