Survivor of Romulus
# 21
01-17-2013, 08:57 AM
It also makes it impossible to have friendly Tholian mobs. So we can't do any stories with friendly Tholians, which is honestly something I've wanted to do.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
Okay let me get this straight... this is my first time entering one of these... we cant publish our mission until the 27th febuary? ( I assume this is allow for a fair ammoutn of time for all the missions etc?)

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
01-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Correct, there's some leeway though for like people in the military who can only get online at certain times, they can publish the night before I think.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Captain
# 24
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
I get that it's a challenge for a reason, but there is a difference between a reasonable and unreasonable challenge.

I'm sitting this one out. It's basically asking me to create reasons to kill 5/5 Tholians and attribute the plot to an evil Romulan or something.
Empire Veteran
# 25
01-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Correct, there's some leeway though for like people in the military who can only get online at certain times, they can publish the night before I think.
No it's doable, but it requires ridiculous workarounds like forcefields, invisible walls, etc. I'll use them shamelessly, and it's going to be ugly, but at least i can blame BranFlakes for the topic of this challenge. If i didn't have an idea i love i'd be out of this one. Next time i'll boycott it no matter what if such a stupid topic is choosen.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I think you might have meant to quote something else there?

Though I would say, just because we are the Kings of Workarounds doesn't mean we have to like it.
Captain
# 27
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Well, it's far from ideal, and we should have been given basic contacts before this challenge was issued, but some very good stories have come out of "work-arounds."

*Jaws is 10 times the movie it would have been if the mechanical shark had functioned properly. It took a fishy Godzilla movie and turned it into a Hitchcock style thriller.

*ST only had transporters because they ran out of money before they got around to making a shuttlecraft model and set.

*The old-school Dr. Who was as fun as it was mainly because that most of the cast and crew likely had more money in their pockets individually than was budgeted for the entire episode's shoot, etc.
Commander
# 28
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I'm sitting this one out. It's basically asking me to create reasons to kill 5/5 Tholians and attribute the plot to an evil Romulan or something.
Yeah, cause that story would be stupid, who would do that...

Im really glad to see the TOS consoles myself, I've had a mission sat in my Foundry Roster for the past five months because I've been waiting for those to finish it of.
Next Request; Facility 4028 pieces... cause they were/are soo much more... as the Doctor would say... "Sexy"
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Rihannsu
# 29
01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
Well, it's far from ideal, and we should have been given basic contacts before this challenge was issued, but some very good stories have come out of "work-arounds."

*Jaws is 10 times the movie it would have been if the mechanical shark had functioned properly. It took a fishy Godzilla movie and turned it into a Hitchcock style thriller.

*ST only had transporters because they ran out of money before they got around to making a shuttlecraft model and set.

*The old-school Dr. Who was as fun as it was mainly because that most of the cast and crew likely had more money in their pockets individually than was budgeted for the entire episode's shoot, etc.
I agree that sometimes "less is more". But.... the rest of the time More is More.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 30
01-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Will the Tholian ships be available as NPC Contacts?