Lt. Commander
# 1 What about the B?
01-17-2013, 09:58 AM
We all know what happened to the Enterprise C. Went through time portal, Captain died, future Tactical officer hitched a ride, went back through portal, fought four Warbids and boom. Ship destroyed and crew taken back to Romulus. The Enterprise B vanished without a trace. How about a mission that explains what happened to her?
Captain
# 2
01-17-2013, 10:06 AM
B or not a B?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA7lv1SDzno

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Career Officer
# 3
01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm not sure if CBS is saving the 'B' for the books or perhaps a future video trek adventure, but I don't believe that STO can do much with it at this point.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Come up with a good story for what happened to the B then make a Foundry mission. I believe the Enterprise-B/Lakota variant of the Excelsior class is available as an NPC skin the Foundry.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Republic Veteran
# 5
01-17-2013, 10:15 AM
To B or not to B that is the Question
Another box

Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
We all know what happened to the Enterprise C. Went through time portal, Captain died, future Tactical officer hitched a ride, went back through portal, fought four Warbids and boom. Ship destroyed and crew taken back to Romulus. The Enterprise B vanished without a trace. How about a mission that explains what happened to her?
Depends if you consider the books canon.

There is a series of Trek books called "The Lost Era" that detail what happened in the Federation between Kirk's 'death' aboard the Enterprise B and the Cardassian withdrawal from Bajor.

According to those books, (SPOILER AHEAD)

....The ship was lost in deep space in 2329 after the crew contracted an unknown infection. This version of events is supported in the most recent edition of the "Enterprise Owner's Workshop Manual."

EDIT: As DaveNY points out below, this book's contents are 'approved' by CBS, making it at the very least the same level of canon as STO's Enterprise-F.

Alternatively, the FASA RPG book (less recent, and probably less accepted) states the ship engaged in battle against a Klingon and Romulan battlecruiser, destroying both, but itself being destroyed in the exchange.

Last edited by koppenflak; 01-17-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Good point by DaveNY
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
A few months ago, DStahl made a remark that he would like to reveal what happened to the Enterprise B. So who knows what may happen in the upcoming months.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!
Republic Veteran
# 8
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
The Enterprise B and crew had a day off and were never seen again.

I hear he got sick of star fleet and sent the girl through a window.
Another box

Career Officer
# 9
01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Since the Hayes Manual is "Fully Authorized" by CBS..,

Does that make it Canon or still just Soft Canon?
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
Career Officer
# 10
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The Enterprise B and crew had a day off and were never seen again.

I hear he got sick of star fleet and sent the girl through a window.
Who knew... Ferris Bullers' best friend would grow up to be Captain of an Enterprise!

Best I would have figured is First Mate on the U.S.S. Woody.