Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 131
01-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Well I have been reading all the posts and see that we all have the same problem. But does anyone out there have a solution? I updated drivers, re-installed this game but what ever I do, I still get this flashing black screen. This game was really fun but now it's unplayable.
Lieutenant
# 132
01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serather View Post
Well I have been reading all the posts and see that we all have the same problem. But does anyone out there have a solution? I updated drivers, re-installed this game but what ever I do, I still get this flashing black screen. This game was really fun but now it's unplayable.
Some people have said that lowering graphics to the lowest and either updating or downgrading your Video Card seems to help. I however have tried and have not gotten any result or fix.

Not even a temporary fix. Its very frustrating.
"The Easiest Day, was Yesterday"
Ensign
# 133
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Well I have been told that the Devs are working on the problem, however slowly, so i guess the best thing to is just wait and check the game everyday until they have a solution.
Empire Veteran
# 134
01-08-2013, 06:31 PM
The issue is between one of the new algorithms included in Season 7 and the latest drivers for Intel. Downgrading your Intel drivers to any previous version should fix the issue. BranFlakes mentioned that they are talking with Intel to see if they have a driver fix or if Cryptic is going to have to take the algorithm out of S7.
Ensign
# 135
01-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I know how to upgrade the drivers, but how do you bump them back?
Ensign
# 136
01-17-2013, 10:24 AM
Has a fix been found to this other than the drivers? The game is simply unplayable. I've been waiting for a little over a year to get a computer to play this game and I finally did. I even went and grabbed gold membership before even logging in. I logged in and it played fine through the character creation and for about 2-3 minutes on the beginner mission. Towards the end where you get your first officer though, the screen began to blink out to black. It'd stay black for a few seconds, go back to the game. I'd be able to play a few more seconds, then it'd go black again. I figured this might be a hardware issue, so I went to the graphics setting where you can optimize the game to your hardware. Everything maxed out higher than I even had it set. I shrugged my shoulders and set everything to the lowest settings manually. It changed nothing. If anything, the black screen seemed to come more frequently. After dealing with this for 10 minutes and making next to no progress, I gave up, shut down the game, and came to a google search. This was the only thread I found on the issue, so was just curious if anything had been found on this? I can't mess with the drivers because it is a brand new laptop and I refuse to edit those things. I may just end up uninstalling.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 137
01-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedpenguins View Post
Has a fix been found to this other than the drivers?
Please see this thread and continue discussion here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=452341&page=6

Some customers have now reported this has fixed the issue. I'm not sure if this was released on LIVE or is just on Tribble.

Dave
Closed Thread