Career Officer
# 11
01-17-2013, 10:43 AM
While on the subject of 'missing ships' whatever happened to the Enterprise 'E'?!? Did she go on to be commanded by someone else after Jean-Luc Picard? Was she destroyed?

I was thinking about the the Enterprise 'B' too just yesterday. These two ships, to my knowledge seem to have not been given their due 'send off's'.

BSJ
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Career Officer
# 12
01-17-2013, 10:50 AM
There's more information about the later years of the Enterprise-B on the website Memory Beta (the non-canon wiki), including the first female Enterprise captain Demora Sulu (sorry C's Rachel Garrett).
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
01-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
While on the subject of 'missing ships' whatever happened to the Enterprise 'E'?!? Did she go on to be commanded by someone else after Jean-Luc Picard? Was she destroyed?

I was thinking about the the Enterprise 'B' too just yesterday. These two ships, to my knowledge seem to have not been given their due 'send off's'.

BSJ
I believe the word is in STO lore that the E also went missing in deep space while being captained by Data, which I assume means that the transfer of Data's memories into B4 was eventually successful.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Captain
# 14
01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I think the E encountered an 8472 singularity before their widespread infiltration, and they may or may not have gone into fluidic space. Either way, the e was badly damaged, but Data was able to get the crew back. Weither the E survived and was put to pasture, or was lost in fluidic space, i forget right now.

I'd love more stories about the B. And the C.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Republic Veteran
# 15
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
The Enterprise NCC-1701-E it did not go missing.
Career Officer
# 16
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
It probably was vaporised the instant it left spacedock under the sheer ineptitude of Harriman.
----
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
01-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
I think the E encountered an 8472 singularity before their widespread infiltration, and they may or may not have gone into fluidic space. Either way, the e was badly damaged, but Data was able to get the crew back. Weither the E survived and was put to pasture, or was lost in fluidic space, i forget right now.

I'd love more stories about the B. And the C.
Is that written down somewhere where I could go read it?
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Career Officer
# 18
01-17-2013, 12:20 PM
+1 Would love to read more about the 'E' as well and the 'B'. Did Picard simply retire then or did he pass away? It's just so strange to me that the 'E' in particular has so little history. Stranger even that Data would have been given command of her, survived yet is no longer in the STO universe?!?

As for the 'B', the actor who playeed her captain really didn't have the presence to do the ship and her name justice in my opinion which is a shame, because generally I think he really is a good actor. (I forget his name now, sorry).

BTW, thanks for the replies...
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Alan Ruck is the name you're looking for. And IMO he did what the story needed, which was to be not fully confident so Kirk could be Kirk. Always liked that actor myself and I figure his character probably did a bet better as captain once he got some experience under his belt. After all, not everyone can hit a lead-off home run the first at-bat of their rookie year, right?

Career Officer
# 20
01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Alan Ruck is the name you're looking for. And IMO he did what the story needed, which was to be not fully confident so Kirk could be Kirk. Always liked that actor myself and I figure his character probably did a bet better as captain once he got some experience under his belt. After all, not everyone can hit a lead-off home run the first at-bat of their rookie year, right?
Just gotta love how the Enterprise-B was the closest ship in range, despite being at Earth (or at very least, Sol System)? You'd think the Federation homeworld would have I dunno, more than one ship there...
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)