Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 31
01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
There needs to be, and should have been, 2 to 4 Romulan STFs with Normal/Elite versions available and similar payouts compared to Borg STFs.
Why? The Romulans are not really "endgame" enemies. The Borg, Udine, and possibly the Iconians are.
Captain
# 32
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Why? The Romulans are not really "endgame" enemies. The Borg, Udine, and possibly the Iconians are.
Anyone that is asking for Romulan STFs wants some activity that gives the same amount of Romulan Marks and takes the same amount of time as elite STFs and is repeatable every hour. That is why adding elite versions to the Romulan Queue activities is good enough.
Career Officer
# 33
01-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Anyone that is asking for Romulan STFs wants some activity that gives the same amount of Romulan Marks and takes the same amount of time as elite STFs and is repeatable every hour. That is why adding elite versions to the Romulan Queue activities is good enough.
It is not like the Romulan rewards are any good, at least not in my opinion. The power bonuses are nice, but I certainly am not going to do the Romulan mark grind on any of my other characters, not unless I get work in an underground bunker for a year.
Ensign
# 34
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
A sector patrol similar to Tau Dewa in Gamma Orionis would be nice for us solo types for Omega Marks. For me personally, it's much easier for to suspend disbelief grinding things like sector patrols and exploration missions. That's why I've only made one run through New Romulus, Defera, and Nukara.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z297/MetalRacer78/Star%20Trek%20Online/SHSig2.jpg
Captain
# 35
01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
It is not like the Romulan rewards are any good, at least not in my opinion. The power bonuses are nice, but I certainly am not going to do the Romulan mark grind on any of my other characters, not unless I get work in an underground bunker for a year.
For the most part, I agree with you. Have 2 sets of Elite Scorpion fighters on my Fed and KDF character since they are currently the best dps hangar pet available. The day I got to Tier 5 Romulan, I was pretty much done with it.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
What we need is more variety, to few missions to go and do and to be frank iam tired of the grind of the same maps, different species.

I don't know why Cryptic doesn't utilize that of the foundry community which could shorten that gap. You put up certain criteria, it isn't rocket science and Cryptic makes everything they do 100 times worse for themselves.
Captain
# 37
01-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
What we need is more variety, to few missions to go and do and to be frank iam tired of the grind of the same maps, different species.

I don't know why Cryptic doesn't utilize that of the foundry community which could shorten that gap. You put up certain criteria, it isn't rocket science and Cryptic makes everything they do 100 times worse for themselves.
Agreed. They could do some Foundry contests where the best ones get Omega Marks or Romulan Marks as a reward. The winners could get something like Zen, master keys, or Fleet Ship Modules. This could be done for most mission content. The Foundry Authors can get their mission to be an actual mission in the game and Cryptic gets much needed "official" content. Of course, Cryptic has to create new content, but they could just do big and elaborate missions with major consequences to the galaxy while Foundry Authors can do minor fill in content.
Lieutenant
# 38
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes, it was said before:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=503061

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=474671

How many post threads will we need until the devs change the reputation system?

Tag eppoh is annoying, the reputation system is boring and there is no end game content.

The devs do not know to create end game content, then they create silly mini games and then attached new items and rewards. This will be the formula for the new season!
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Agreed. They could do some Foundry contests where the best ones get Omega Marks or Romulan Marks as a reward. The winners could get something like Zen, master keys, or Fleet Ship Modules. This could be done for most mission content. The Foundry Authors can get their mission to be an actual mission in the game and Cryptic gets much needed "official" content. Of course, Cryptic has to create new content, but they could just do big and elaborate missions with major consequences to the galaxy while Foundry Authors can do minor fill in content.
Oh, i completely agree. It makes ZERO sense on why they don't do this and we have NEVER had an explanation on this. The Foundry people could really tighten up and bring in a lot of content instead of what they are creating. You give them a purpose, a planet, whatever it is and criteria and you are golden. We both know, including so many you could set what they need to accomplish, by what they need in the content. So many worlds would be filled with content in a matter of months if not weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
Yes, it was said before:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=503061

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=474671

How many post threads will we need until the devs change the reputation system?

Tag eppoh is annoying, the reputation system is boring and there is no end game content.

The devs do not know to create end game content, then they create silly mini games and then attached new items and rewards. This will be the formula for the new season!
Again, another great opinion.
Captain
# 40
01-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Its not the formula for the next season. It is the formula for the next few years. They are even thinking of changing PvP, Foundry, and Crafting to Reputation systems. Personally, I like the reputation system. It actually gave me a reason to do STFs. Although, I will be glad next week when I finish off my last Mk XII ground set and costume unlock.