Career Officer
# 11
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
100% agree with this thread. There is movement in general pop to move to Mac. Seems everyone I know is now on a Mac. I've been using wine since beta but I would love to be able to crank up the graphics with a native client.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-17-2013, 04:48 PM
I am glad to see that lots of people want to see this happen, what do you say everyone else, lets get more and more support! Even the cryptic team should show support for a mac client!
Captain
# 13
01-17-2013, 05:11 PM
I agree and support STO on Apple computers. Run an iMac and hope to see it without having to swap to boot camp. It will be a lot easier for me to log on that is for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2013, 05:53 PM
While iam a Win user, i support that of those on the MAC.
Career Officer
# 15
01-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I don't own or use any Apple products, but I'm all for a Mac client. The more, the merrier.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoncal View Post
While iam a Win user, i support that of those on the MAC.
Join the light side, mac will win the war
Lieutenant
# 17
01-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenatl View Post
100% agree with this thread. There is movement in general pop to move to Mac. Seems everyone I know is now on a Mac. I've been using wine since beta but I would love to be able to crank up the graphics with a native client.
Wrong.
Apple themselves have admitted that they are losing desktop market share to their own IOS devices, LESS people are switching to OS X than ever before, this is a fact.

As for the being able to crank up the graphics, you'll be lucky. 3D performance has and always will be an afterthought on the part of Apple. There has never been an Apple with a cutting edge graphics card. Every machine that's ever gone to market has used 2nd generation gfx technology. Every single one has been outdated on release day.
If you want to play STO or any modern game in it's full glory you need a gaming PC.
Commander
# 18
01-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seathemac View Post
As for the being able to crank up the graphics, you'll be lucky. 3D performance has and always will be an afterthought on the part of Apple. There has never been an Apple with a cutting edge graphics card. Every machine that's ever gone to market has used 2nd generation gfx technology. Every single one has been outdated on release day.
If you want to play STO or any modern game in it's full glory you need a gaming PC.
Wrong.
I'm no Apple anything, but I know the G5 desktops had perfectly normal graphics cards - including the high-end options of the day - and I'd think their workstations today (do they still make those?) are just ordinary PCs, with ordinary graphics card options.

He's dead, Jim.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Macintosh game version
01-31-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm sure this is already covered by a thread, but i looked and couldn't find it:

Please make a MAC version of the game. (Please, don't tell me to install or dual-run a windows on my mac and "yes", i know about the WINE version, and i'm sure the game would run better in a native version on my mac.).
I would like to enjoy the better graphics and smoother game play, which would result from a MAC version for my MAC.
This is one of the reasons i'm not buying a lifetime subscription: not sure how long the WINE version will be updated and maintained.

No need for long comments, just put an "agreed" or "yes please". maybe if we get together enough people, they will think about it.

Thanks for listening.

PS: please no hate or "*****" comments. if you don't care, don't reply thanks

PPS: thanks for the move didnt found the original mac thread

Last edited by asches1; 01-31-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 20 mac version
01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
Agreed with a plea for MAC version!