Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,769
# 11
01-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Can the devs possibly look at the Aegis set to make it comparable to the current crop of items and sets?

Feels like a relic now
i agree even though I currently use two pieces of it at the moment.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 12
01-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Can the devs possibly look at the Aegis set to make it comparable to the current crop of items and sets?

Feels like a relic now
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
It's in the works, in a upcoming Crafting rep system :p
Yeah, I think it's a given that since they've mentioned crafting rep a few times that this set will probably get a facelift and a multiple tiers when that is, eventually, brought into the game.

Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,388
# 13
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodia2055 View Post
or give us a way to upgrade/retrofit though crafting
This is honestly the most likely outcome.

Quite honestly, we've been keeping it up our sleeves in case we implement an appropriate Reputation. Not sure if that'll be a "Crafting" Rep, or a Crafting Revamp, or something totally different. Those plans aren't yet set in stone.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 879
# 14
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is honestly the most likely outcome.

Quite honestly, we've been keeping it up our sleeves in case we implement an appropriate Reputation. Not sure if that'll be a "Crafting" Rep, or a Crafting Revamp, or something totally different. Those plans aren't yet set in stone.
Well, until we get the crafting revamp/rep, can we get a quality-of-life improvement for crafters and remove/tone down the OUT-BLOODY-RAGEOUS Di tax on anything WORTH crafting (except Kits - Crafted Kits don't cost Di, which is the reason I still craft Kits at all)? It take's a week's worth of Di nearly to craft the Aegis set, and it takes DAYS to craft what is now mediocre equipment. Crafting all-but died because of the Di Tax.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 15
01-17-2013, 07:02 PM
be nice to have more craftable space sets.
thank you for moving up the retro set to 12 just got the engine today
have the shield selected but will be a bit working on 4th maco claim

took me awhile on 900 marks 32000 dilithium
but atleast now I have all dilthium for 4 thclaim waiting on clock and 250
I like the new maco pulsewave gun with laucher
got 2 noffs all outfited in omega and maco gear
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 16
01-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is honestly the most likely outcome.

Quite honestly, we've been keeping it up our sleeves in case we implement an appropriate Reputation. Not sure if that'll be a "Crafting" Rep, or a Crafting Revamp, or something totally different. Those plans aren't yet set in stone.
Crafting already has a progression system. Adding reputation on top of it would be redundant, convoluted, poor design.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,483
# 17
01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Well, until we get the crafting revamp/rep, can we get a quality-of-life improvement for crafters and remove/tone down the OUT-BLOODY-RAGEOUS Di tax on anything WORTH crafting (except Kits - Crafted Kits don't cost Di, which is the reason I still craft Kits at all)? It take's a week's worth of Di nearly to craft the Aegis set, and it takes DAYS to craft what is now mediocre equipment. Crafting all-but died because of the Di Tax.
Or, better yet, remove the dil cost from Mk XI equipment altogether and add Mk XII equipment to the crafting table. Doesn't have to be much, just a purple Mk XII version of each type of weapon and a blue Mk XII version of each console. Heck, make them bind-on-pickup if Cryptic is worried about such gear being crafted for sale.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 18
01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Crafting already has a progression system. Adding reputation on top of it would be redundant, convoluted, poor design.
That's never stopped Cryptic before.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 879
# 19
01-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Or, better yet, remove the dil cost from Mk XI equipment altogether and add Mk XII equipment to the crafting table. Doesn't have to be much, just a purple Mk XII version of each type of weapon and a blue Mk XII version of each console. Heck, make them bind-on-pickup if Cryptic is worried about such gear being crafted for sale.
They'll probably do that anyway when the Crafting revamp hits. What I was proposing was an "in the mean time" thing to make Crafting halfway plausible again. Except for Kits, there's nothing you can craft worth the cost. I say that because Kits, as stated earlier, have no Di cost (they're all Mk X - There's only Di costs on odd-Mark gear and Aegis).
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,796
# 20
01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is honestly the most likely outcome.

Quite honestly, we've been keeping it up our sleeves in case we implement an appropriate Reputation. Not sure if that'll be a "Crafting" Rep, or a Crafting Revamp, or something totally different. Those plans aren't yet set in stone.
Nice, can't wait for the buff to my Aegis sets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:17 PM.