Empire Veteran
# 71
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensutra View Post
Also, if you have the EC, you can purchase the beads/bells you need on the Exchange. (All - select uncommon - search 'bells' or 'beads'). Last I saw there were hundreds up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clannmac View Post
Actually, that's if you have MILLIONS of EC - players have "gone Ferengi" and are asking A LOT for even a single one. Last time I checked, you could by a "pack" of 48 for, say, 25 million EC...and I know most folks need a great deal more than that. If this has changed recently, it has been very recently - like in the last 24 hours. Anyone got any recent "intel" on this?

Yeah, when you need 200 bells and beads each, buying them off the exchange (at extortionate prices) or with lobi is not a viable option.

Being rarer, I really wished they'd made the bells and beads requirements half what they currently are. Our fleet would've been able to complete the project then.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=66
^ Just need to know when this will be happening ^
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-17-2013, 01:41 AM
I won't seriously read 8 pages full of off topic before saying my humble opinion, so...

I strongly believe the dev team is doing an ever-evolving amazing work, costantly improving the game...
...but there are a few things that still bother me.
For the most important issue, see my sig. In topic, I'll put it simple: are you kidding us?

I'm obviously speaking about the federal side of starbase projects.

Don't even try to tell it's accidental because... C'mon... you can miss one, two times...
but if all players, even on the opposite side, recognize every single fed project is trash or little more...
it cannot be a fortuity.

Seriously, this time we got the evidence. The KDF got Ferasans and feds... drones?
YOU made a perfect mirroring on species between Ferasans and Caitians...
how on Earth did YOU miss that on this occasion? Or thought the toasters would be better?

It's not something easily believable... so you took me finally sure of it. You make it on purpose.
Which is way worse. It's not you cannot do it right. You're very talented. You just don't want to.

We got to the point that not only it is unanimously recognized among all player base, including KDF,
that the latter is getting cool, lore-friendly projects, while the first get disappointing ones,
but even that this is even accepted by some as same kind of "compensation" for content,

which is wrong for both:

(1) without further discussion towards the fed players who support (being the majority) the game,
(2)It is no compensation for the KDF players but a mere SOP,

and even worst it's based on sheer sense of useless cruelty towards the fed players,
distracting them from the real problem which isn't getting fixed, the lack of actual PLAYING content,
as opposed to, well, cosmetics. It's not like I can stare at Orion dancers in my base for hours.

SURPRISE! I play also KDF characters, and would like to have the same full play for them.

So what about stopping it now, give back to fed starbase the care you didn't take,
and focus on giving back the kdf as a whole -and not just base cosmetics- the same care?

also, be sure to read my sig:
About the rest, please bring back doff system alive as it was prior to dilithium extortion on academy services.
Captain
# 73
01-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Someone explain to me how there isn't a "put a dabo wheel in the bar" project yet. That's the most obvious project I can possibly imagine. How does that not become one of the first six that comes up in a design session when they start these in the first place?

I mean the prices on all these projects are stupid, but I'd at least pay willingly for that.

For the record, I don't mind there being *some* cosmetic starbase projects at all. I like the one that adds pictures of every version of the Enterprise, for example. But there really need to be more projects that actually, you know, do something. Even if it's something frivolous like a dabo wheel. Need to put the holodeck to use too. Seriously.

There is no reason to go to the starbases at all right now unless you are buying fleet weapons/a fleet ship. None.

And don't even get me started about the Embassy.

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 01-17-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Career Officer
# 74
01-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Well.... this is interesting. Can you not find better things to release right now? Even if you want to release something, could you maybe release something that was more useful and not another 200k Dilithium project.

You could have done one of the following -

1 - Hey guys we've taken away the dilithium sink in special projects, they are now half price like we originally promised on re-runs or they now cost commodities & starbase provisions. (I'd rather sink Fleet Credits into a special - cost should be based on functionality IMO)

2 - You can increase your refinement cap by 4000 by purchasing an increase off the Zen Store and up to a max of 3 times, with a bonus 4000 to gold players free of charge.

You've got to actually pay attention to what you tell us your going to do and listen to what your players want. Sure it's a free service, sure the projects are optional, but doesn't mean you have to keep throwing optional stuff at us. It's not like you've done a bad job over the years from when STO started, it's really come a long way and I do actually love the ideas and aspects of STO.

But your implementation of everything and prioritizing seems, upside down. A sims style starbase would be nice, when it comes to customisation, so everyones starbase can be unique; being able to choose where you put your bar, consoles etc. Customise the outside, maybe have your Fleet Headquaters on a Moon in a system or just a starbase, have other planets in your system. It'd be nice to have a project to put your fleet logo banners up in the base and the meeting room seems very open with glass walls and the main center area of the starbase feels empty. You could make use of the Holodeck, allow us to choose programs to run in there, like the pub they had in Voyager.

Somewhere between what the players want, your takes on it and then when it reaches the guys who decide what you need to work on, it gets all muddled up. I love this game and I'm glad to be a part of the STO community, made some great friends and enjoy running a fleet. There's still many lag issues many people are experiencing, even in certain old mission re-runs, i do hope you address the issues soon and the Starbases get a good revamp, there is so much potential with what you could do!

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Captain
# 75
01-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Tailess 'Ferocians'. The Ferasan Shadow Force is mourning on our starbase as we speak!

For the sake of all these poor cats, please fix!
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Empire Veteran
# 76
01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Tailess 'Ferocians'. The Ferasan Shadow Force is mourning on our starbase as we speak!

For the sake of all these poor cats, please fix!
Repeat that.

And this Ferocians typo is here, originally taken by me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/j-mod27...in/photostream
# 77
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM
No tails on the Ferasans? Cryptic, I am disappointed in you.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 78
01-17-2013, 07:35 PM
I am much disturbed by the lack of tails. And Ferocians? huh?

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Career Officer
# 79
01-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Such a well organized and diligent development team we have for this game.

All I can say is Cryptic is lucky it has Star Trek fans who are here for the IP to leech off. Because frankly even for a free game this is kinda lolworthy that you can't even Pin the tail on the Furry.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 01-18-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 80
01-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Really Cryptic? "Ferocians" without tails??
Come on guys, get a hold of yourselves, we all know you can do much better than this!

And while you're at it, you could be constructive and make the winter special project red for the KDF starbases. With the whole base red this blue thing just sticks out like a cancer in the base.

And please punish whoever came up with the idea of having the year 2012 on the ornament in the game year of 2409(2412) with at least a month salary so they'll think twice before implementing something as foolish as this. And for the sake of Star Trek fix it in your next patch so the year doesn't display as it completely brakes the game feeling when we go to the base.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!